aluminum boats?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
By BRP? Is that the company that makes can Ams, etc? Rotax engine BRP company?

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder why the type of trailer would have anything to do,with popping rivets? My old Lund is on a bunk and is 18 years old with tens of thousands of miles on it, some really rough roads included, and never popped a rivet yet, anyway.

Allen states power loading? I dont know why that would have anything to do with it --- easier on the bottom then trying to crank a boat up a rollers as you generally use your trim. I suppose if one came in to the rollers hot or on a big wave - then i may agree. As far as the rollers themselves - yes they are harder then a bunk as the weight is all put in one place. Road miles are tough on boats --- bunk or roller - including glass boats.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't be afraid to look at G3 either, Owned by yamaha, have yet to see one fitted with a Merc or E-tec. My best friend and tournament partner owns a V177 that is a wave eating machine. When i was in the market for my new boat, had I not been so stuck on Glass, I would own a G3 Aluminum. I really like how deep the boat is as its very similar to my Lund GL. Storage is pretty damn good although the built in rod storage leaves a lot to be desired. Handles the big LSAK waves quite well and you have to have a lard ass like me in the bow of the boat to take one over. North Country Marine in Garrison is the only dealer I am aware of.
That being said, unless you have a 20'+ boat, you are not getting on top of the waves on LSAK so expect to have to back the hammer off a bit to run in those 4 footers.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Have you looked at the new crestliners? :;:stirthepot
https://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/adviewer/208394

I have no connection to this boat whatsoever but of the 1st 25 or so @ the top of the Walleye Central classifieds I thought it was the top of the heap in value for $$. $36K for a boat that appears to be water-ready w/under 100hrs.

Not sure what you're budget is or if you're set on new vs. used but it's a "buyer's market" from now until March or so.

I think I'd have to move somewhere that a person needed a jet-drive before I'd go back to an AL hull.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
i ended up buying a 2019 king fisher 2025 falcon with 140 suzuki for 36k

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.walleyecentral.com/classified/adviewer/208394

I have no connection to this boat whatsoever but of the 1st 25 or so @ the top of the Walleye Central classifieds I thought it was the top of the heap in value for $$. $36K for a boat that appears to be water-ready w/under 100hrs.

Not sure what you're budget is or if you're set on new vs. used but it's a "buyer's market" from now until March or so.

I think I'd have to move somewhere that a person needed a jet-drive before I'd go back to an AL hull.

If my statements from Morgan Stanley Wells Fargo Edward jones and couple direct m funds this month are any indication of where we're going next fall winter will be boat buying at it's best.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77