snobear user reviews...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
wacha got... thinking older (tracks on the inside) vs newer (tracks on the outside)...

go...

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've only been in one on LOW and the driver mentioned they were a maintenance nightmare with bearings, shocks, and other track related issues. More so when the snow became more ice or the ice broke up and ended up like much of lake Winnipeg ice, all jagged and rough. I think a good cabbed side by side with tracks would be a much cheaper and useful piece of equipment year round and in more areas, ie. mountains on an elk hunt, than the larger snobear.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sno bears are over priced pieces of shit. Use for 3monthes out of the year and pay $25,000. Ohhhh where do I sign up. I had a struggle to pay 10k for a 16ft fish house that I spend 3 to 4 nights on the ice in. Get a used side x side and use all year round.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Get a tracked 4x4 vehicle with tracks. Better heater and cab. Snobears suck at steering when there is little to no snow.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow, not much love here

I need to fish out of one - they look fantastic to me

- - - Updated - - -

Equating a side by side with a snobear seems odd. It’s like equating a pickup/tent with class B RV.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
download_1534210832903_94836489_ver1.0_640_480.jpeg. Do they float I thought I seen one that had to be rescued. Ice castle is already scaling back on production

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
wow, not much love here

I need to fish out of one - they look fantastic to me

- - - Updated - - -

Equating a side by side with a snobear seems odd. It’s like equating a pickup/tent with class B RV.

haha, ya, kinda what i thought...

i know that there would b issues, just like with anything else... i've had soft houses, built 2 wood houses - had to burn 1 down after a big snow and quick melt one spring, had a new ice castle and zack shack sit home all winter because of heavy early snow... i've dropped a truck through the ice on a shoreline, had atv and side by side trouble miles from the truck - pretty much have run the gamut of ice fishing fun and frustration...

the only way i would start ice fish again would be out of a snobear, so i'm poking around...

Filkow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had ours for going on 4 or 5 years. Only replaced one shock so far and was fixed ourselves. They do suck with not much snow. But we like ours and use quite a bit. Have been seeing more and more of them on this west end of the lake.

Of course we drive ours straight from heated shop to ice and back to heated shop. Sure makes it move then. Haha

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

i know that there would b issues, just like with anything else... i've had soft houses, built 2 wood houses - had to burn 1 down after a big snow and quick melt one spring, had a new ice castle and zack shack sit home all winter because of heavy early snow... i've dropped a truck through the ice on a shoreline, had atv and side by side trouble miles from the truck - pretty much have run the gamut of ice fishing fun and frustration...

the only way i would start ice fish again would be out of a snobear, so i'm poking around...

With a track record like that get yourself a Sherp those Russians know how to build some crazy ass toys!

https://youtu.be/ZoxlYrSO4m4

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member

Well if this is the case, then the decision has been made. Hope you find a good one in good shape and hit the ice. Then send pics of the new hard water chariot.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might make more sense to try one out before emptying your wallet buying one...ie...hire a fishing guide that uses one for the day. Might even be less expensive in the long run to hire a guide a couple times each year versus the maintenance and upkeep, loan payment, insurance, fuel, trailer costs of owning one. I can't believe I actually suggested that as back in the younger days, I would be saying..damn..i gotta have one of these newer toys..thinking more logically these days..damn.:cool:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
yes, I always used to make the mistake of envisioning only the good parts of toys/expenditures

as years go by a guy gets way better at analyzing the down-sides as well

either that or one just really starts to loathe the downsides with age - vs. having all kinds of energy and enthusiasm when you're young (or not taking care of your equipment properly)

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd have to have millions burning a hole in my pocket before i could justify spending 50k on a vehicle i can only use for ice fishing a few months of the year, and i'm a pretty die hard ice fisherman. To each there own i guess, but id be going cabbed SXS as well. Cut a hole in passenger floorboard and your jigging in comfort :)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think having a heated shop to thaw them out after each trip would me almost manditory. They also have their druthers with early ice(my favorite) due to weight and no snow. Other than that, they are the cat’s meow to fish out of. All your stuff stays right there and you hit a button to move.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
They are pretty sweet to fish out of. Fished out of a couple different models, they've made quite a few improvements since the first ones came out. Unfortunately with those improvements and popularity, the price is dam near double what they once were. I know of a few guys who had them a few years and sold them for a profit. Personally I think the best sno-bears are owned by your good buddy who will bring you with.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have fished out of them and damn near went to work for them. There a good product. Yellowstone national park has 4 of the 12 seaters for tourist. And they sold a bunch to the show Ice road truckers. And they were built in N.D. till 2017.

People talk about the cost and only 3 month of use. What about a Boat there are guys on here that have over $60,000 in a boat and use it 4 or 5 month out of the yr or less.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think having a heated shop to thaw them out after each trip would me almost manditory. They also have their druthers with early ice(my favorite) due to weight and no snow. Other than that, they are the cat’s meow to fish out of. All your stuff stays right there and you hit a button to move.

Around DL a lot of farmers have gotten them as of late. In the past they had boats which are now $60k+ and with the larger variety of crops they raise now would rarely get to use them. Many sold their boats and have gotten bears. I like fishing out of them, but as the Captain said a heated shop or garage you can put them in to thaw out is almost mandatory or things are going to bust when they get ice built up on them. They are nice to fish out of when the weather sucks or there's a lot of snow on the ice though.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
59948380_687077091740443_12839512673615872_n.jpg. Do they float I thought I seen one that had to be rescued. Ice castle is already scaling back on production

every time you predict some thing it is like opposite day so a shit ton of snow and cold till june next year thanks the deer will appreciate it

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a used 1 in Jamestown for 25k... can't get a tracked 4 seater heated ranger 4 that... that's what I would look 4 if I decided to pull on 1...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62