snobear user reviews...

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have fished out of them and damn near went to work for them. There a good product. Yellowstone national park has 4 of the 12 seaters for tourist. And they sold a bunch to the show Ice road truckers. And they were built in N.D. till 2017.

People talk about the cost and only 3 month of use. What about a Boat there are guys on here that have over $60,000 in a boat and use it 4 or 5 month out of the yr or less.

Put some sparkley gel coat on one and those same boat guys would be all over them.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost forgot. You better fashion a ghost blind like thing all the way around it so you don't get pirated. I think they get attention like a pretty girl in Williston.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Almost forgot. You better fashion a ghost blind like thing all the way around it so you don't get pirated. I think they get attention like a pretty girl in Williston.

wow - a ghost blind on the ice would certainly be quite effective - the mirages are endless to begin with most days

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks for the input...

anyone fished out of 1 that prefers the old vs new style??? i think for me the older ones with the tracks in the middle would be best - more spacing between holes... ripping raps in 30 fow with the newer center hole setup looks like a mess waiting to happen to me...

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Make sure you buy an economy sized bag of Cheetos before going out in a snobear. Then you can have some snacks while moving in on fisherman who are drilling the holes.

Spinnerboy

Each style has it's benefits. Main reason for the new style is the stability. Ones with tracks on the inside are a little tippy when going sideways on some slopes,ditches etc. Also the fiberglass trough where the holes are can get busted up pretty easy on rough ice, etc. If not careful.
Have mine for about 5 years and love it. (Outer tracks)
Fished out of both and like them both. Won't ever go fishing without it.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
only thing I don't like about them is anybody over 5,5 tall cant stand up. I have seen some having raise lower problems 5 or 6 years ago when devils lake had so much water on top of the ice

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
- - - Updated - - -

You didn't seem to mind the ride when it was -10....

Haha the electric auger didn’t work and we caught jack shit. Next weekend hammered em hahahha!

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
i fished out of one on devils lake last winter, tbh it was fantastic. getting around with a sxs or truck without tracks was not an option that weekend. I got my truck stuck trying to get on the lake the day after we were with the guide and it took 6 hours to get everything back off the ice, all part of the ice fishing adventure for me. But if I was going to drop some coin they do make fishing on shitty days much better. I would think a heated shop would be great but not necessary for them, the guide did mention they don't like it when the tracks fill up with ice. I went out with bry's guide service, you could always contact a guide outfit that uses them and probably get a good deal on a used one.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
i fished out of one on devils lake last winter, tbh it was fantastic. getting around with a sxs or truck without tracks was not an option that weekend. I got my truck stuck trying to get on the lake the day after we were with the guide and it took 6 hours to get everything back off the ice, all part of the ice fishing adventure for me. But if I was going to drop some coin they do make fishing on shitty days much better. I would think a heated shop would be great but not necessary for them, the guide did mention they don't like it when the tracks fill up with ice. I went out with bry's guide service, you could always contact a guide outfit that uses them and probably get a good deal on a used one.

Boy....if I was in the market for a used one, I think I would look for one that a grandpa took out of his heated shop every other sunday if the weather was nice rather than from a guide who used it 6-7 days a week every week.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
the one I was in was not beat up and it was very close to the end of the season, and it seemed to be in good shape. I know what you are saying, I wouldn't go pick one up that looked like it had been trashed either. Guides and pro staff tend to get a new one every couple of years, so it wouldn't be that old and it also wouldn't have sat in grandpa's garage not being used and not maintained. guides depend on their gear to work so they maintain it.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose guides take care of stuff generally

But I've looked at a single season used tourney boat a couple times - and both times I was stunned how hammered a boat can look after one season

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
tournament guys get paid to wreck their equipment in a hurry to weigh in and guides get paid to make people comfortable and catch fish and have the equipment working so the customer doesn't need to worry about it

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'm not sure how you would really beat 1 up unless just being stupid - it's not like it's a speed demon or a chick magnet you would show off in... i see these as being more serious fishermen or guide owned... there are hardly any used ones for sale either, so that tells me they are lasting well and people must b generally happy with them...

i've never had a hard side that i wanted to move after an hour of inactivity... i could see myself fishing 30 different spots on 3 different lakes in a weekend in 1 of these... i see this as more of a winter boat...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
every time you predict some thing it is like opposite day so a shit ton of snow and cold till june next year thanks the deer will appreciate it

Kurtr nailed it

FYI

thanks so much for dooming us last spring, short

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finally ordered a brand spankin' new one. I was so happy with my 2006 that I ordered a 2022. Adam Rinas from Glacial Lakes Snobear is a class act. Hopefully they bite this winter between kids activities:)

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
do they install the mounts for your electronics for you or do you have to do that yourself? will have to post some pics capt when you get it

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 162
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76