Goat results are out!

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would much rather have the 3 tags spread out over 3 years than everything in one year and then nothing for the next 5 to 10 years
Seems like Karma to me.... You want tags, here is a whole fuck load of them. Hope you planned your vacation wisely :)

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0246.jpg

5575 that's a nice goat.

heres my last ND one. drew the first year it re-opened. as you notice that's the eldest of the " brood" you and dirty got to witness. haha he was with me the entire stalk ( less than 100 yards) lets be honest they hadent been hunted in years. never heard a kid giggle so much .

im living through mt little bro 1a and buddy 5a this year

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would much rather have the 3 tags spread out over 3 years than everything in one year and then nothing for the next 5 to 10 years

Then why would u apply for pronghorn? You can buy a point ya know . I bought a point only cuz I drew muzzy tag n gun plus bow

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pronghorn can be wiped out with a bad winter so one never knows if there will be a season next year.
Then why would u apply for pronghorn? You can buy a point ya know . I bought a point only cuz I drew muzzy tag n gun plus bow

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing for this old guy. Don't think I'll live long enuf to hunt big game in my home state again. Looks like MT/SD/WY, here I come.

Better do it this year as draw is changing here. Due to the assholes on east and west side of the state.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kurt, How will it change?

is this what you are talking about Kurt?

(KSFY)
For the first time in recent history, the South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks Commission is considering changes to the state's deer hunting license lottery program.
wasting+disease+deer.jpg

Last year, more than 77,000 people applied for a deer hunting license in South Dakota, but just 46 percent received a deer tag. The proposed changes are designed to increase that percentage by more than 20 percent.
“We want more people to be able to deer hunt more often rather than sitting at home for three or four years and not hunting for that long,” Game, Fish and Parks Regional Terrestrial Resource supervisor Josh Delger said.
Right now hunters can apply for all six firearm deer licenses in South Dakota.
“I apply to different places west and east river, so chances are I’m going to get a good tag in one place,” avid South Dakota hunter Doug Ehrmantraut said.
If it’s a particularly lucky year, hunters could get multiple tags in that first round.
“It is statistically possible for someone to get all of those tags in one year,” Delger said.

To spread those tags around to more people, Game, Fish and Parks is recommending an alternative lottery system.
“You have to choose one preferred season rather than choosing every single one of those at one time,” Delger said.
“There will be no change in the number of tags with this, but by spreading those numbers out it will increase the opportunities to their first choice or first draw,” GFP Commission member Russell Olson said.
Delger said nearly 70 percent of hunters only apply for one license a year. Ehrmantraut believes the new proposal will help those types of hunters.
“But it will put an effect on is avid hunters like myself who like to get multiple tags on each side of the state. That is going to be a tough hill to climb going forward if this does pass,” Ehrmantraut said.
Ehrmantraut worries this new proposal will have a big impact on his favorite past time.
“I would like to see the same amount of tags for the same amount of people. Its worked, so I just don't see what is wrong with it,” Ehrman traut said.
“I think spreading this out will be a good thing, even if it hurts my chance of drawing multiple deer tags, it at least gives everybody a fair shot at their first round,” Commissioner Olson said.

Delger says under the new proposal, hunters could still get multiple deer tags every season, they’d just come later down the line in the draw.
Game, Fish and Parks has spent the past two years gathering public input to come up with these proposals and are asking for more feedback from hunters before they make a final decision.
The commission is considering three options, which does include keeping the system as it is. They will make their final vote in October. That system will not go in effect until the 20-19 season.
You can provide your feedback https://gfp.sd.gov/forms/positions/...dium=email&utm_campaign=gfp+news&utm_content=

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing for me :( but only my second year applying. Good luck to those of you that are fortunate enough to draw a tag!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep so those dinks who don’t get to hunt right where they live in the most populated county’s are crying like a bunch of bitches/ so they will make more people apply for the tag they want and it’s going to lower the odds in the high population areas. They bitch because they are not smart enough to apply other places and people like me who have a brain and not a fat fucking lazy road hunter get more than one tag. Deal is this will help me get the any deer tag I want every but the system is not broke not even close so why change.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy shit. I actually got me a goat tag! Took 4pts. In a unit with few tags. Im friggin pumped

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Myself and both kids got turned down in N.D but I got drawn in Montana.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep so those dinks who don’t get to hunt right where they live in the most populated county’s are crying like a bunch of bitches/ so they will make more people apply for the tag they want and it’s going to lower the odds in the high population areas. They bitch because they are not smart enough to apply other places and people like me who have a brain and not a fat fucking lazy road hunter get more than one tag. Deal is this will help me get the any deer tag I want every but the system is not broke not even close so why change.

and nr can’t be in till 4 th draw

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75