Deer Licenses

Deer license changes?

• The system is fine, No change is needed

Votes: 142 74.7%
  • 1 lottery tag that can be used in any season (bow, rifle-unit specific or muzzleloader - statewide)

Votes: 26 13.7%
  • Statewide archery OR "rifle tag" be used in bow or rifle (unit/sex specific) OR sep. muzzleloader

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Limited bow only tag for statewide and 1 lottery tag that can be used in any season

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Previously suggested1 license/tag system

Votes: 6 3.2%

• Total voters

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread makes me happy I am coming back to ND...

nwndgeese

- - - Updated - - -

sooo your advocating poaching then... good ta know

You guys really haven't thought this out have you....literally every person over the age of 75 male and female would end up with a tag because their kids/grand kids would put in for them and then drag them along with. Sorry but all the old timers had many great years of getting tags every single year. Now that there are way fewer tags and way more hunters they should still get a tag every year?? How do you get young hunters involved and continue being interested if all the tags are going to gramps?

I've said this a million times, but anybody who wants to hunt can. That's not what all the people bitching want though, they want a Buck tag in a prime unit every year.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m just hoping my kids don’t turn into whiners like some of you.

So if you have an opinion it's just an opinion and if someone else has an opinion it's whining ? I should have just ignored you but I'm curious who and what you are talking about, Looks to me like your just patting yourself on the back .

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if you have an opinion it's just an opinion and if someone else has an opinion it's whining ? I should have just ignored you but I'm curious who and what you are talking about, Looks to me like your just patting yourself on the back .

I am patting myself on the back. I accept the situation. Lets just start giving everyone trophies, ribbons, and deer tags. Life isn’t always fair, the sooner you figure that out, the greater your chances are to not become a liberal.

Relax Davey, Rec weed will be here before you know it.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am patting myself on the back.

Yea, Thats what I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Feel bad for your kids too if you are training them to keep their opinions to themselves and accept everything in the world just the way it is.

Why are you making assumptions on how I raise my kids? Are you high? Let me spell it out for you. I accept the situation: meaning I have no problem with the way things are. I like our current system. 10 years ago, threads like this never existed because everyone was happy. Numbers drop, tags drop. The first thing I’ll do when I become unhappy, is contact my local representatives and become more involved with the legislative process. I will not come to NodakAngler to whine and believe things will automatically change because I’ve had the chance to vent on the internet.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why are you making assumptions on how I raise my kids? Are you high? Let me spell it out for you. I accept the situation: meaning I have no problem with the way things are. I like our current system. 10 years ago, threads like this never existed because everyone was happy. Numbers drop, tags drop. The first thing I’ll do when I become unhappy, is contact my local representatives and become more involved with the legislative process. I will not come to NodakAngler to whine and believe things will automatically change because I’ve had the chance to vent on the internet.

There you go again further proving my point. I accept the fact that you have no problem with things the way they are. I'm perfectly fine with that. BUT I DO have a problem with the things the way they are , You seem to have a problem with that. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is a whiner, I get it . Now I will ignore you like I should have the first time. One last thing though, If you don't approve of discussing and sharing opinions on this topic on an outdoors website then go bury your head in the sand don't hang around and call people whiners just because you don't agree with them.

- - - Updated - - -

These topics can and will slide more people towards a one tag system. That my friend you can take to the bank, It's pure gold.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
There you go again further proving my point. I accept the fact that you have no problem with things the way they are. I'm perfectly fine with that. BUT I DO have a problem with the things the way they are , You seem to have a problem with that. Anyone that doesn't agree with you is a whiner, I get it . Now I will ignore you like I should have the first time. One last thing though, If you don't approve of discussing and sharing opinions on this topic on an outdoors website then go bury your head in the sand don't hang around and call people whiners just because you don't agree with them.

- - - Updated - - -

These topics can and will slide more people towards a one tag system. That my friend you can take to the bank, It's pure gold.

Davey, at the end of the day, you can’t snap your fingers and create more deer. One tag systems don’t create more deer. Deer tag numbers aren’t the problem. Deer numbers are the problem. Changing the tag system won’t change deer numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Just think, if the people’s republic of Minnesota legalized rec weed, you could have it all, a deer tag and a fat sack of sour kush.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW I've never claimed one tag system will improve deer numbers , It will however create the opportunity for more people to hunt.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
FWIW I've never claimed one tag system will improve deer numbers , It will however create the opportunity for more people to hunt.

Yes it would. Lack of access (private posted land) and deer numbers would put the unsuccessful feeling on the hunters’ shoulders instead of the game and fish for lack of opportunity (no tag). IMO I would guess that low deer numbers and high deer tag numbers would increase the number of infractions of the law created out of desperation.

- - - Updated - - -

One tag systems (everybody gets a tag) would put a bandage on the problem. Once people start realizing that it’s too difficult to fill their tag, they’ll just go back to square one and hang the G&F for low deer numbers (beating the dead horse again)

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now your just guessing and grasping for straws. You are the only one i've saw claiming that "everyone" gets a tag with a one tag system. Same amount of tags and same amount of deer allowing more people to hunt for whatever reason they want to hunt.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
SD is making the change for similar reasons

more than 77,000 people applied for a deer hunting license in South Dakota, but just 46 percent received a deer tag. The proposed changes are designed to increase that percentage by more than 20 percent.
“We want more people to be able to deer hunt more often rather than sitting at home for three or four years and not hunting for that long,” Game, Fish and Parks Regional Terrestrial Resource supervisor Josh Delger said.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
SD is making the change for similar reasons

more than 77,000 people applied for a deer hunting license in South Dakota, but just 46 percent received a deer tag. The proposed changes are designed to increase that percentage by more than 20 percent.
“We want more people to be able to deer hunt more often rather than sitting at home for three or four years and not hunting for that long,” Game, Fish and Parks Regional Terrestrial Resource supervisor Josh Delger said.
Yeah but South Dakota is not going to a one tag system there going to one application system completely different thing. You can still get multiple tags including multiple rifle tags Plus bow plus muzzleloader.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah but South Dakota is not going to a one tag system there going to one application system completely different thing. You can still get multiple tags including multiple rifle tags Plus bow plus muzzleloader.
They are trying to put more hunters in the field which is what some of us are promoting

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like I touched a nerve with one of the Internet tough guys on this site again to scared to comment he has to leave a bad rep and then hide. You by far are the biggest little bitch coward on this site

"Says the guy with all the tags. You could’ve just bought a point you hypocritical game hog. You are by far the dumbest person on this site."

which one should I have bought a point for the muley buck or muzzy? When you have to apply for both at the same time without knowing if you will will be successful do you take the chance of going with nothing again? I am going by the rules you do not want to change so until they are changed I am stuck following them. .

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74