Favorite late season hunting pant

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for a new pant to wear during badlands hunting trip in November. Thinking about going with the Sitka Timberline. Only knock against this pant would maybe be that its not the quietest. What's your favorite for November hunt? Anyone use gaiters?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
timberlines and yes i use gaiters all the time love them

- - - Updated - - -

also love my prana zions with a light base layer even when pretty cold out

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Circa 1995 Army Fatigues in desert camo with a pair of merino wool long johns underneath. Otherwise field pants used for upland bird hunting with merino wool long johns under.

JMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kuiu guide pants. With or without merino base layers depending on temps. I use gators anytime there is snow or wet grass.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
The padded knee's in the Timberline saved my hunting partner from tearing his knee apart out Elk hunting last Oct. They're a comfortable pant, but try them on before you buy. They aren't "over-sized" on the waste lines.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member
King of the Mountain Wool with the Merino long underwear from First Lite - if it's not -20 I will go with the First Lite bibs along with the long underwear from First Lite. Quieter and less expensive than Sitka - and IMO better quality for wool.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
kuiu guide pant is about all I have so that's what I wear. First lite baselayer if it's cold out.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a pair of kenetrek gaiters that seem to work pretty well

Thats what i run buddy has the sitka storm fronts and i might have to pick up a pair he loves them

- - - Updated - - -

Carhartts.... id rather look like the locals than some rich ass professional hunter.

if i was doing chores or working but if i had to where my carharts in idaho i would still be out there they are so heavy

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Carhartts.... id rather look like the locals than some rich ass professional hunter.
Worried more about looks than functionality? Sound like a millennial. Cotton plus cold and wet conditions is less than smart

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Worried more about looks than functionality? Sound like a millennial. Cotton plus cold and wet conditions is less than smart
They function just fine for my outdoor activities. Could care less about my looks, but rolling up to a farmers place wearing a 1000.00 sitka outfit doesnt send the impression i want. Sounds like you are mad they dont make carhartts in xxxxxxxxl. You swung first fat ass.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do most farmers even know the difference between Sitka and missy oak it’s all Camo. But I would assume while hunting the bad lands this guy ain’t rolling into to many farmers yards but if he is looking to do some chores he will be set up

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
No problem kurt, I see your point. I wear carhartts when its really cold in the badlands. Most years i just layer underneath jeans. Just my opinion and what works well for me without breaking the bank. Appreciate the ability to disagree in a tactful manner. Im sure many farmers and ranchers could care less what camo a guy wears but with commodity prices low im sure those that do know what kuiu or sitka is really appreciate how well everyone else seems to have it when pulling in to ask to hunt..... just sayin, just my opinion, not looking for an argument or being insulted.....

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
They function just fine for my outdoor activities. Could care less about my looks, but rolling up to a farmers place wearing a 1000.00 sitka outfit doesnt send the impression i want. Sounds like you are mad they dont make carhartts in xxxxxxxxl. You swung first fat ass.

that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for a new pant to wear during badlands hunting trip in November. Thinking about going with the Sitka Timberline. Only knock against this pant would maybe be that its not the quietest. What's your favorite for November hunt? Anyone use gaiters?

Create a system (layers) that will work in any environment. Layer up, layer down. KISS

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member

6’3”, 235, 35x34. You’re right. I’m morbidly obese. Your genius level insult has crushed my spirit and left me in shambles. But I digress. I was merely saying cotton is a poor choice for anything besides sitting on your ass in a blind or stand. Timberlines are friggin sweet. And you can find them in solid colors on eBay if you’re worried about what the locals think

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
6’3”, 235, 35x34. You’re right. I’m morbidly obese. Your genius level insult has crushed my spirit and left me in shambles. But I digress. I was merely saying cotton is a poor choice for anything besides sitting on your ass in a blind or stand. Timberlines are friggin sweet. And you can find them in solid colors on eBay if you’re worried about what the locals think

That being said, can I have your gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but, you can still throw a pigskin a quarter mile, so.........

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77