Favorite late season hunting pant

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Field review complete: Kuiu Talus is awesome. Talus was everything I wanted in a late season pant. Honestly I don't think there is another pant out there that is this complete. Waterproofing worked great, comfortable knee pads, stretchy, quite, and plenty warm with baselayers on (10-45 degrees tested). Unbelievably comfortable to walk in. If you are in the market for a new pant, do yourself a favor

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a pair of Fjällräven pants. They are the cats ass. I don’t need to buy kuiu or Sitka pants again.

They are the vidda pro pants. Check em out

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha yes.

You actually buy some wax for them and wax em all up. The ass and knees are reinforced. I was sitting and kneeling in snow all weekend and they kept me dry. My sister had Sitka pants on and complained of wet ass. I haven’t waxed them yet either.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
wore my timberlines all weekend and no wet ass or knees for me. Almost pulled the trigger on some Fjällräven a few different times.

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The vidda pro pants look good, but for another $40 you can have a pant that doesn't need wax, has knee pads already, and is amazingly quite. Between the cost of wax and knee pads you should be around the cost of the Talus. Reviews I read, commented that the vidda was on the noisy side (swish while walking). If the Vidda works for you, great. Just saying the Talus is the real cats ass.

I picked up a pair of Fjällräven pants. They are the cats ass. I don’t need to buy kuiu or Sitka pants again.

They are the vidda pro pants. Check em out

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m confused. Aren’t you the OP?

but to answer your question they aren’t noisy. Louder than a soft pair of wool or Sitka yes but not too loud.

They r a perfect pant for me and wax is like $9 and fun

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm pretty basic and easy to satisfy. If it's dry I like flannel lined jeans with underwear that wicks away the moisture. If it's wet, snowy, I like wool pants with suspenders to keep them from falling down. I find wool pants very comfortable and easy to walk in because they are loose fitting. Do have a pair of upland jean type of hunting pants that have a water-repellant material on the front that I find help keep the pants dry and work well for upland hunting and sometimes deer hunting as well.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll jump in here. I drank the Kuiu kool aid after hunting back country a few times with less than desireable gear. Each year after I purchased a few items until my mountain gear was all where I wanted it. But all my base layer are merino from Black Ovis, I can't afford to wear out Kuiu pants running around here all the time so I wear the insulated Wrangler outdoor pants from wal mart. Let me tell you how awesome they are especially for $20.00. Most of my kuiu was bought used either lightly or wrong size off of Facebook. So while I may have the gear I always try to find a deal first. I want to be comfortable but yet on a budget at the same time.

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camofire used to have good deals but hardly anymore. For stuff like Sitka I can find better deals all day long now at other sites. Almost anything they have anymore is no cheaper than a 3 min google search will find. Used to be the place to go for Sitka deals when they popped up. Now Mountain Archery will beat them on price all day and still give you 10% off. Just my experience lately.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Camofire used to have good deals but hardly anymore. For stuff like Sitka I can find better deals all day long now at other sites. Almost anything they have anymore is no cheaper than a 3 min google search will find. Used to be the place to go for Sitka deals when they popped up. Now Mountain Archery will beat them on price all day and still give you 10% off. Just my experience lately.

Dang they will give you 50% off camofire is 40% generally. I also like those guys at black ovis they have pretty dang good customer service after talking to them a fee times

- - - Updated - - -

my wife isnt gonna like that site haha

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Black Ovis and Camofire are the same peeps. Camofire guys created Black Ovis.

- - - Updated - - -

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67