9,500,000 public acres landlocked?!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you believe the State has Billions stashed, well....then that is what you believe. We all know the fed/gov does not have the same luxury. $19 Trillion or more in debt. The Land Water Conservation Fund did sun set in 2015. Resuscitated since. Will it be saved at the last minute Sept. 30th, 2018? Voters should be irked that Congress creates spending programs such as this and then we can never seem to be rid of them.

https://www.heritage.org/budget-and...s-sunset-the-land-and-water-conservation-fund
what's the heritage fund have in it?

badland mule

Founding Member
Founding Member
still not sure why a dime needs to be spent buying up access. pass a law or ten granting access across private property one way or another to access public lands. do the same with the stupid corner hopping law. problem solved. see what happens to the value of the surrounding land once that is done and they no longer have millions of acres public land at their own private disposal. this issue is truly mind boggling for me.
who is going to pay to maintain the roads or trails across private land to get to public land?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The roads are the least of my worry. I am mostly concerned about the trespass laws and lack of easements that prevent the access.

badland mule

Founding Member
Founding Member
The roads are the least of my worry. I am mostly concerned about the trespass laws and lack of easements that prevent the access.
so you would do away with trespass laws? does that include trespass laws in town too or just on land that borders public land? How do you propose getting easments without spending a dime?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think studies have shown right around 33% are inaccessible because of the rule against corner hopping from one public parcel to another. So, the swipe of a few pens would open up 3,000,000 acres I believe.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
so you would do away with trespass laws? does that include trespass laws in town too or just on land that borders public land? How do you propose getting easments without spending a dime?

Easy there big shoots. Tell us what your solution is

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
who is going to pay to maintain the roads or trails across private land to get to public land?

up the lease 50 cents a pair blade it twice a year and call it a day. Do some corner hopping cut and we are ready to roll dirty

badland mule

Founding Member
Founding Member
Easy there big shoots. Tell us what your solution is
Leave it the way it is. Let rmef and other private organizations buy private land to access public. Let the ones truly passionate about the issue pay for the solution. Has there ever been a court ruling on corner hopping? Last i heard they hadn't decided if it was legal or not but didn't recommend it.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leave it the way it is. Let rmef and other private organizations buy private land to access public. Let the ones truly passionate about the issue pay for the solution. Has there ever been a court ruling on corner hopping? Last i heard they hadn't decided if it was legal or not but didn't recommend it.

I think its a "grey area". Be pretty balzy for an adjacent landowner to chew the ass of someone on BLM land that got there by corner hopping. I bet an outfitter would have no problem chewing some ass tho.

"I got here with a chopper"

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Not do away with trespass laws. Just change them slightly to prevent landowners from ? Deliberately? Locking up public land , especially for their own benefit. Trails could be clearly marked “ no trespassing off trail, like on many many public bicycle/walking walking trails we travel across every year in various states. This is only one example but there are lots of ways to work it out FAIRLY for everyone. But like I’ve said 200 times before -no one wants to get together, work out best solutions and compromise any more.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i will admit i may have to backtrack on spending no money at all. other than solving the corner hopping issue, i think they could quit dragging their feet, purchase small easements like bobkat is proposing. fair market value easement for travel just like they do for all sorts of public work projects. or simply purchase the amount necessary to provide access. no need to purchase entire blocks. when the guberment builds a road or an oil company puts in a pipeline or the electric company buries a cable, they don't buy your entire quarter just to use 30 feet. they purchase an easement or the amount necessary to complete the task at hand.... access to the publicly held land. incidentally, thats the way it works in the world of non guberment property all the time. johnny landlocks his neighbor jack and jack can usually get an easement to his property in relatively short order.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wonder if there has ever been, Like, some sort of Wonderful fund that Could like that to do that very Fantastic thing.

Marksman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren’t you a lawyer aka liar. You should maybe do something about it instead of worrying about measure 3 and the dopers

badland mule

Founding Member
Founding Member
i will admit i may have to backtrack on spending no money at all. other than solving the corner hopping issue, i think they could quit dragging their feet, purchase small easements like bobkat is proposing. fair market value easement for travel just like they do for all sorts of public work projects. or simply purchase the amount necessary to provide access. no need to purchase entire blocks. when the guberment builds a road or an oil company puts in a pipeline or the electric company buries a cable, they don't buy your entire quarter just to use 30 feet. they purchase an easement or the amount necessary to complete the task at hand.... access to the publicly held land. incidentally, thats the way it works in the world of non guberment property all the time. johnny landlocks his neighbor jack and jack can usually get an easement to his property in relatively short order.
Where do we draw the line on using eminent domain to benefit peoples recreation?

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Where do you draw the line where I don't get to use the benefits that I pay for with my taxes?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bout as worried bout measure 3 as I am last night's meal. I've got an opinion on it and think it should be legal. And I ain't afraid to give that opinion. Also, got an opinion on the public being able to access public land. Will give that as well. Interestingly enough, I had pork chops and fried potatoes for supper last night. It was good. I told my wife cause I thought she would care and might be interested in my opinion of her cooking. If I thought the same level of interest and give a fuck might be present on this site, I may have posted about it here. But, figured that wasn't the case. If measure 3, public access and my opinion on both are of no interest or concern to you, you could always ignore me. I will take no offense. Honest.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i just ate some fresh potatoes out of the garden last night and those were tite son

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aren’t you a lawyer aka liar.

Says the truck driver that told about the first time he "Cleaned the rail" shooting silhouette targets. 5 bucks says you couldn't do it off the bench with your own equipment, let alone off hand.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73