Deer Hunting Land for Youngsters Available

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well my daughter has her first youth buck tag this year, but I only have two bucks on my place, a forkie and a small 4X4. Needless to say, we are going to be hunting somewhere else on land that a fellow NDA'er was gracious enough to let us hunt on. Thanks again for the opportunity. You know who you are. I do have a fair number of does hanging around so if there are some guys out there that have youngsters looking for their first deer. I have a spot they can hunt. Actually, I have two spots. I won't describe the land as you can see that in previous years threads. The only thing I ask this year, and it's ONLY for this year, is that you exercise some common sense and don't kill does that have spotted fawns. There are some REAL SMALL ones out there this year and to take mama out now would NOT be in their best interest and would probably end up killing the fawns as well. Don't care if you have a youngster that wants to take a buck either, but I just don't have anything big this year for some reason. First come first serve on this so PM me and I'll do my best to get as many youngins out as I can. Thanks!!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
No takers yet.........................

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I’ll be busy helping a few youngsters this year as well. Good luck to everyone!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still wide open, which is GREAT!!! Usually I have two or three on the list already. I hope it means everyone taking kids out this weekend has a spot to go already, which would be outstanding.

( deleted account )

Banned
Banned
Shadowing some kids with their parents this year. Staying way back out of sight and letting them do their parent/kid bonding thing! I’ll watch the action thru my spotting scope. Great fun for everyone and great to watch new spor5smen/women coming up, joining our huntin/fishin farm team!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Opening weekend Saturday is taken. Let the FUN begin!!!

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM, sounds like your buddy is bringing his kid to blue plate country for a youth hunt . Got lots of super prime land ready for him. Hope he finds a couple more kids to bring along.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome reserve me a spot . 5x5 or better please.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got it Enslow. You can have a 12, 24, or 30. I prefer the 30 myself. (Grin)

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty awesome what you offer KDM. With no real hunting land of my own and lucky enough to have a very good friendship with a landowner, my family is blessed. That said, i also agree and stress importance of watching for the mama's with fawns! This year has by far been the most i have ever saw doe with twins. And they are very young and many spotted. Please respect that in the field with youth rifle this weekend and good luck to all!

campchef

Honored Member
We have 2 first time hunters this weekend. It's been a tough summer so I'm looking forward spending quality time with the youngsters and their dads and of course cooking up some good vittles.
Let's be safe out there.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have 2 youth 14 yr olds coming out to take their first buck . I have primo river bottom land with stands and let atleast 1 youth hunter every year however my rule is no doe's . I don't agree with the 11-13 year old youth doe seasons . I think 14 is young enough to be hunting with a rifle . Everyone is on bowhunters case about # of deer we kill , how many doe are 11-13 year olds killing every September? Maybe it's not high I truly don't know but would be interesting to know .

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
WELL.................my young hunter was successful on his first sit with his Dad. A stalwart young man by the name of Owen took his first deer this evening. A big dry doe and I'm on cloud 9 right now. He beat the impending rain storm by about an hour when he squeezed off his first shot at a deer. They saw 2 bucks and 2 does while on stand and Owens smile and excitement in his voice was mesmerizing. Hopefully the next youngster will be just as successful.

bucksnbears

Founding Member
Founding Member
WELL.................my young hunter was successful on his first sit with his Dad. A stalwart young man by the name of Owen took his first deer this evening. A big dry doe and I'm on cloud 9 right now. He beat the impending rain storm by about an hour when he squeezed off his first shot at a deer. They saw 2 bucks and 2 does while on stand and Owens smile and excitement in his voice was mesmerizing. Hopefully the next youngster will be just as successful.

Tis is a good feeling.:;:cheers

Yanno, in twenty years, that kids gonna think back and wonder " who was that old dude" that we hunted with;:;rofl

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member

Congrats to the young man and to you for letting him hunt .

★★★★★ Legendary Member

Congrats to Owen on his first deer, along with lifetime memories and stories to tell he'll be putting dinner on the table for his family too.

Well done KDM!

Any chance Owen would let you post a photo or two of him with his first deer?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74