.22 ammo

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I know one thing if my house burns, I'am not standing in front of it, going to be on the other side of town, when the fireworks are done, then it's the ammo's turn

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have never been able to figure out what everybody wants so many 22 shells for?

download.jpg

Jdubya

Established Member
Been stocking up on Stingers, who's ever got the most when he dies WINS
Do they still make those? They were awesome for rabbits back in the day, kinda like a .17hmr, but in the late 80’s early 90’s, lol...

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep if you had a little bit of money,you bought federal lightnings' for .59 a box,if you had a little more federal spitfires,remington yellow jackets,or the always deadly CCI stingers.
We used to spend our weekly allowance on 22 shells,gophers were scarce in the yard as well as any glass bottle in the junk pit!!Probly shot up a small fortune in antique bottles back then!!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't forget about the mini mags, I think those were the first "High performance" 22 shells I bought.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought some 55gr FMJ .223 recently for $225/1,000 and shipping was free. .22 probably isn’t going to get cheaper, but never say never.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember it for $5 per 500, at Woolworths, in Kirkwood Mall. What is now Target. I also remember buying broadheads there, and I was 10 yrs old.

Let's see a 10 yr old kid walk into Scheels and buy broadheads now...

And in spite of it, I still have all my fingers and toes, and never killed anything I didn't mean to..

I played my first games of Pacman and Frogger in the arcade outside of Woolwoorth. Good times.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I thought about this thread yesterday while I was in town and bought 2 500 round boxes of Winchester 22LR just because it was there, I picked up a 200 round box of 17HRM too. :;:smokin

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Been stocking up on Stingers, who's ever got the most when he dies WINS
What are the benefits of stingers over standard ammo? Am I missing out only shooting the cheap stuff?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
This thread makes me smile. I wish I would have kept some of those old empty boxes over the years, My Dad had stocked up after the WWII shortage, Mostly shorts and longs but there was also a few old boxes of long rifles that said "range 1 1/2 miles " on the inside flap of the box. I was pretty young when I started sneaking the old 22 and a few shells out of the house when I did evening chores and It turned into an addiction until I hit rock bottom. One shell a night at first, Then two and before I knew it was 8 or 10 and I knew I would get caught but I didn't care. Then one day the old man realized supplied were running short and he locked his writing desk where he kept them . After a long dry spell I pried the desk open with a screwdriver and he confronted me and I fessed up and he gave me all his guns and ammo. I had been begging for a 410 but ended up with a sears roebuck bolt action 12 gauge instead. The good old days, It feels like it happened yesterday.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shot a lot of 22 shorts that were called Rockets and came in a box like Chicklets gum. On a clear day you could see them go. I think my bb gun was faster.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have shot Stringers for many years and I guess I've never heard of anybody having trouble with them, when you want to do some serious hunting take the Stingers with

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shot a lot of 22 shorts that were called Rockets and came in a box like Chicklets gum. On a clear day you could see them go. I think my bb gun was faster.

Cool stuff, I had to google. I shot up a box of shorts that were ancient , Pre smokeless . One out of three would go bang and were so dirty I had to dig the casings out of the old pump with a jack knife but you can still earn from dry fires .
Remington-Kleanbore-22-Short-ROCKET-ammo-box-Heavy.jpg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks Davey....... That picture brings back some good memories.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've wanted a Bicycle for years but just haven't pulled the trigger. A box of rockets would look good in a display.

ham01.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Designed to hang on the handlebars of a bicycle.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76