Catch cover saftey cover

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does anybody have these in their fish house? I've been looking at them, seems like a good idea, but not sure if they get in the way of fishing? Or get in the way of a transducer cord? Maybe just use them on the holes with set lines and keep the jigging holes open?

My oldest boy is 2.5 and planning on taking him out with me more this winter. These would help him not fall in a hole. Plus they would help a cell phone from falling in a hole too.

Catch_Cover_Safety_Cover1__13117.1503683677.350.350.jpg

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just from the picture it appears that it would work for what it is designed. That is, prevent things from falling down the hole. It also appears that it would interfere with any fishing other than dead stick.

From my experience in a fish house, anything dropped on the floor will bounce into the hole.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
All 3 of my kids have had their leg down a hole at one time or the other. I think it's a rite of passage. Shitty when it happens while setting up so you have to go home before you even start.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the clear ones but this winter will be my first with them. They are not as strong as those but will easily hold a kid standing on them. I have a soon to be 2-year old so I'm planning to have them on all open holes except where I'm jigging. The clear ones pop in and out easily so i'm not to concerned about them if i get a bite on a rattle real.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Does anybody have these in their fish house? I've been looking at them, seems like a good idea, but not sure if they get in the way of fishing? Or get in the way of a transducer cord? Maybe just use them on the holes with set lines and keep the jigging holes open?

My oldest boy is 2.5 and planning on taking him out with me more this winter. These would help him not fall in a hole. Plus they would help a cell phone from falling in a hole too.

9945a2b49a8d5c666ef9a6d3ebcecdde.jpg
It’s not fun when a kid falls down the hole or when hey drop a toy down the hole. I think they would work fine for rattle reels but you could always leave your jigging hole open.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yep, happened to me too when I was around 7.
Out on the ice with my Dad and favorite uncle.
Had 2 holes in.
Distinctly told me "don't step in the hole".

Must have took it as a dare, because I proceeded to step in the hole, up over my knee in water.
Oh boy.
Yep that was the end of the day on the ice.

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, they are nice to have for the holes that seem to be in the traffic area. Next to the door or around the table. I see them used mostly with rattle reels.

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had the clear ones for two years now. Use them on rattle reels back by the bunks so the kids’ stuff doesn’t go for a swim. I’m quite happy with them. Never tried them on jigging holes though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77