Dirt bags are at it already

racksntails

That is a very interesting story 2400. I would like to hear how it all plays out in the end. Seems like cases like those never amount to much just a “now you shouldn’t have done that” and a small fine or plea and everyone goes on there way only to do it again. The fines seem like they are barely enough to cover keeping the lights on at the court house and some fuel in the wardens truck let alone what has been taken from sportsman like you and me.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Holy crap! That's atrocious behavior on their part and some brave action by your buddy. Any links to the story? I'd like to follow this one. Seems too many game violations get off with not even a slap on the wrist, but since this one involves assault on a federal officer, hopefully they throw the book at these lowlifes

As far as I can find out there is nothing in print or on the web about this yet. AZ has tightened up the fines and are actually cracking down on stuff like this. They had a guy shooting deer, he got 10 months in the state pen and a 15 year license suspension. AZ has an agreement with 30 some odd states the offenders here can not get a license there either. So slowly things are improving with actually punishing law breakers instead of the slap on the wrist.

If it had been up to me we would have beat the shit out of these assholes and then sent them to jail.

When I find a link I'll post it here.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought the idea of gut shooting and leaving em lay was appropriate.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
this made me smile

McLean-case-1240x698-1125x487.jpg

[h=1]Assistant City Attorney, Husband Arrested for Stealing Hunting Gear[/h]
https://elknetwork.com/assistant-city-attorney-husband-arrested-for-stealing-hunting-gear/

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
this made me smile

Assistant City Attorney, Husband Arrested for Stealing Hunting Gear

https://elknetwork.com/assistant-city-attorney-husband-arrested-for-stealing-hunting-gear/

Yup, that's a good one. No doubt they thought they were doing the right thing, saving the birdies and critters from those big bad hunters... I have to laugh that it was a city attorney and her hubby.

Well good, now that she'll lose her job, they'll have plenty of time to grow their dreadlocks out, and work on their artisan crafted hand-mixed granola, while they scream about energy production.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bet ya she thinks she can get off because she's an attorney and above the law, stealing is stealing no matter who you are. That'll stink up her record and career for sure.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last week my buddy and I watched a guy shoot a nice little 6x6 elk, the elk dropped about 100 yards from our blind so we just sat and watched. The guy walked up and saw "how small the elk was" and he and hs buddy talked a while then decided to leave it and go find "a bigger one". My buddy got some pics of them on his phone and then snuck out to find their truck so he could take pics of it too. I called the game and fish poacher hot line and reported them.

My buddy ran into them and they started trying to say they couldn't find the bull so it must have run off. Then they kind of threatened to kick his ass if he didn't let them go. He had had enough at that point and arrested (he's a fed agent) and held them until game and fish got there. I thought we should have just gutshot and left them next to the elk.

Game and fish impounded their truck, confiscated the elk and their guns, arrested them for "wanton waste of game", the "assault on a federal officer" my buddy pressed and a couple of other things. I heard they spent the weekend in jail posted bond and went back to Phoenix without their truck.

I can't wait to be a witness at their trial. :;:smokin

What is the assault on federal officer charge for? Was there an actually physical assault or was it just the threats? Did your buddy tell them he was a federal officer or was he acting like a concerned hunter?

Don't get me wrong these guys deserve everything they have coming. I just hate when they pile on or over charge to get a plea deal on lesser charges or end up with a not guilty verdict in court because because the charge doesn't fit the crime.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Assault means the victim was afraid of having bodily harm done to them because of some action of the assaulter.

Battery is if/when they would have actually struck him.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What is the assault on federal officer charge for? Was there an actually physical assault or was it just the threats? Did your buddy tell them he was a federal officer or was he acting like a concerned hunter?

Don't get me wrong these guys deserve everything they have coming. I just hate when they pile on or over charge to get a plea deal on lesser charges or end up with a not guilty verdict in court because because the charge doesn't fit the crime.

The assault charges were because one of the guys threatened to kick my buddies ass and the other offered to help his pal. My buddy showed them his badge, so it looked and sounded to me like they knew he was a Fed. Assault is threatening to kick someones ass, battery is when you do it.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great job 2400! This story deserves an ending though...."shot on September 11 in the evening" is pretty specific and indicates more info than we currently have. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for full punishment....however, it's pretty specific and I'd like to know why.

- - - Updated - - -

The importance of accurate time/date stamp on your cameras......

this made me smile

Assistant City Attorney, Husband Arrested for Stealing Hunting Gear

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75