Now we see why those Tourney Sak weights are so big

dgully

Founding Member
Founding Member
Each team entering the tournament has to provide their own checker, which will be drawn to go with another team, so if the team can't find someone to be a checker then they won't be fishing the tournament

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I grew up liking to watch bass tourneys, we ran a small fun one for years (back then we had 14 foot tiller boats to high hp bass boats). Some guy using leaches (we allowed live bait) with an old leaky boat would win it one year and the guy with 30 rods on the deck and a bass boat would win it the next year. It was a shooting match for sure and it was fun. The older i get though the less i see anything in tournaments. You watch the shows and it less about instruction and more about buy this boat, motor, rod etc.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sheesh, if you don't like them, just move on.. No big deal.

Why should I have to go out of my way to avoid fishing around a bunch of assholes who are to chicken to just lay their cock on a table and give the $$ to the guy with the biggest one?

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a long sinking rope then attach 200lb braid to it and wrap the braid around a log so it looks natural in 20ft of water it works great fish will live awhile :;:stirthepot

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be ok with more tournaments being run similar to the NWT where there is a pro and a co and no one knows who is with who until the night before. I can't imagine someone getting in my boat and saying "hey i got this secret honey hole where we can't lose, it has a dog kennel full of 8lbers". That being said, it is hard enough to find someone to fish with regularly that you get along with also, but could also end up in finding new people to fish with. The book "Personal Best: fishing and life" talks about this in the bass world, also a few years ago I heard of guys in the great lakes ice fishing and tying up walleye under the ice so companies like frabill (this was the one I remember) and such could come out and take pictures with "the fish they caught". Not all hunters are Sportsman, some are looking for glory instead of the adventure.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tournament fisherman are the same type of people that take golf super seriously instead of just slamming a 12 pack like the rest of us. I bet they all shoot 6.5 creedmoor’s too

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys are taking this way too far. As always, you’re taking the behavior of a few and lumping everyone in it. Most people just enjoy the competition and accelerated learning it provides. No different than any other competitive thing of any kind. Most tournament folks are really respectful and honest. You will find cheaters and liars in every aspect of life. So unless you’re gonna live in a damn hole you’ll never avoid it.

To say cheating happens to this extent in every tournyey is just plain BS.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
The sad fact that it may or may not be BS.

No one will ever know since there is no enforcement of the rules.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You guys are taking this way too far. As always, you’re taking the behavior of a few and lumping everyone in it. Most people just enjoy the competition and accelerated learning it provides. No different than any other competitive thing of any kind. Most tournament folks are really respectful and honest. You will find cheaters and liars in every aspect of life. So unless you’re gonna live in a damn hole you’ll never avoid it.

To say cheating happens to this extent in every tournyey is just plain BS.

I fish exactly 1 tournament a year with two of my best friends. The lying and douche-baggery and dick swinging by I’d say atleast 1/3rd of the participants is not a great look.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tournament fisherman are the same type of people that take golf super seriously instead of just slamming a 12 pack like the rest of us. I bet they all shoot 6.5 creedmoor’s too

Define "the rest of us".
I neither golf or have a 6.5 creedmore but I do fish as many tournaments as possible in a season. It pisses me off to think that there's usually someone cheating in any contest and if it made me mad enough then I could choose to simply not do them anymore. I'm sure glad this thread was started so you had feathers to try and ruffle but without knowing who you are or what you think defines "the rest of us" I'll refrain from chastising who you are or what it is you deem appropriate. Obviously you do not fish tournaments, like to drink beer, do not own a 6.5, and think highly of yourself vs "tournament guys"...
Please tell me more

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Define "the rest of us".
I neither golf or have a 6.5 creedmore but I do fish as many tournaments as possible in a season. It pisses me off to think that there's usually someone cheating in any contest and if it made me mad enough then I could choose to simply not do them anymore. I'm sure glad this thread was started so you had feathers to try and ruffle but without knowing who you are or what you think defines "the rest of us" I'll refrain from chastising who you are or what it is you deem appropriate. Obviously you do not fish tournaments, like to drink beer, do not own a 6.5, and think highly of yourself vs "tournament guys"...
Please tell me more

It was a joke. I’ve met a fair number of unlikable people that fish tournaments is all. also like to bust chops to the creedmoor folks because it’s easy. I’m also an idiot and just having fun so don’t take anything I say too seriously. Cheers!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hahah even bringing a 6.5 creedmore into this. Why would one want a creedmore in a fishing tournament?

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would take a .308 instead to the tourney. Lighter barrel and not ghey.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Define "the rest of us".
Please tell me more

I'd have to sit and think for a LONG time to decide whether tournament fishermen or jet-skiers are a bigger nuisance.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80