Now we see why those Tourney Sak weights are so big

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Screenshot_20180913-211025.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

10 to 1 its a sparkly boat --- Big dog!!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever money is involved, people get stupid...........er.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever money is involved, people get stupid...........er.

I think it’d be more of a “look at me, i won the tourney” more than money. There isnt a tourney out there with a purse that offers “life changing” amounts of winnings. 5-10k dont go too far these days, especially with the cost of playing. I just cant understand why someone would risk reputstion/fines/penalties etc for a couple grand. If this is true, smh...

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think it’d be more of a “look at me, i won the tourney” more than money. There isnt a tourney out there with a purse that offers “life changing” amounts of winnings. 5-10k dont go too far these days, especially with the cost of playing. I just cant understand why someone would risk reputstion/fines/penalties etc for a couple grand. If this is true, smh...

You are right, people get caught cheating at free poker tournies all the time.

I'm sure cheating is rampant in all the fishing contests. They just don't put any emphasis on enforcing the rules.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like someone is giving crab fishing a try apparently they have been watching Deadliest Catch

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yep!! Probably alot of truth to this as well. Very disheartening on both counts.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whenever there is competition there will be blatant cheaters, and people bending the rules, especially if money is involved. 5-10-15k is more than enough for people to be willing to cheat.

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to fish them, good to learn from- but i won't fish another because of crap like this. Or like a friend of mine that was accused of cheating because he won.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m still going to fish some tournaments even though I know this stuff goes on. Takes a little wind out of the sail though.

- - - Updated - - -

E3FF2B03-40B0-4544-8FF4-5A32EBA17D1C.jpg
Now do you guys understand my shirt?

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member

you are 100% correct on that one. when you start adding in entry fees, fuel, hours away from work ( granted you can use PTO) its definitely more for look at me than the money but that the world we live in today cant catch a 25' walleye or shoot a 140" buck without it going on some website.

- - - Updated - - -

25" walleye 25' would be something quite impresive......

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
My inlaws went on a bus trip this summer to Kentucky. Story coming from local paper. I don't remember what river they said or exact details but somewhere in the Ohio/Kentucky area they held a bass tourney recently. One of the teams never left the dock. As all the other teams went and fished, they would bring in their catches to be weighed and released at the docks. Well this team just stayed at docks and fished off docks and re-caught many fish. So many that they ended up winning tourney. There was a huge uproar to point where it broke into a maylay and law enforcement had to take over. The tourney ended up being nixed and cancelled forever. Kinda smart but definitely not sportsman like.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya know, go-pro style cameras are getting cheaper and cheaper. Why not have cameras on boats so that videos can be scrutinized of the boats that are "in the money?" Might cut down on this crap, especially if they are timestamped and made tamper-proof...aka locked covers, etc.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76