Smack Talk

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
“My shoulders are starting to hurt carrying your ass”. I pull that one out after my limit is in the box and I go to work on theirs.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tell the wife she is going to have to cook if she wants fish right away as I will be really tired after catching all the fish and cleaning them.

P.S. I usually end up cooking too.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually just keep my mouth shut and act like that is normal.

In truth, I have found myself on both sides of a whooping so just enjoy it when they prefer my presentation.

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nothing worse than being around or in the middle of boats waving their nets around like Olympic flags, and you haven't even extended yours yet...that's why I watch where all the other boats go and I go the opposite way. I either get skunked and nobody knows or I catch fish and think what a bunch of sheep following each other around...:)

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine has to do with goose hunting. My brother-in-law and I were goose hunting. A flock of geese "were" coming in. Until he decided to start calling. As soon as started calling the birds flared. I turned to my brother-in-law and asked him "Whose side are you on? Because with calling like that you aren't on our team!"

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mine has to do with goose hunting. My brother-in-law and I were goose hunting. A flock of geese "were" coming in. Until he decided to start calling. As soon as started calling the birds flared. I turned to my brother-in-law and asked him "Whose side are you on? Because with calling like that you aren't on our team!"

ha ha ha ah ouch

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Usually I don't say much till someone else instigates the talk, then I just quietly go on with my fishing till I end up out fishing them.
Or if all I get is dinks and they are getting the quality fish I just tell them "anyone can hook a fish with a big mouth, it takes true talent to get a hook in these little buggers"

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't normally say much because have been on both sides. However one time I put every fish in the boat and we only needed 2 more. I just quietly reached down and snapped a pic of almost full livewell then sent it to my pard. Then continued fishing. In a couple minutes he open his phone and just smiled and said F'ing A!

Last edited:

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here's a good one, if you watch your partner reel in his line to check his bait, and the bait is gone...just say...it'd help to bait the hook, you might catch something.

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll ask my fishing pard if he wants to reel the next one in after I set the hook if he is having a bad day.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Simplicity can be best sometimes. Just a simple "There's One" can be just as effective especially when used multiple times

- - - Updated - - -

or "my thumb is getting sore from unhooking fish, how's yours holding up?"

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
There really is no need for anything beyond the normal sound of the hookset followed by the polite utterance of "net please".

I can hear them a mile away if I'm the one struggling.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
There really is no need for anything beyond the normal sound of the hookset followed by the polite utterance of "net please".

I can hear them a mile away if I'm the one struggling.

Don’t you mean double hookset and uttering net please partially slurred not by alcohol consumption, but rather by a knawed down and unlit stogie;-)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t you mean double hookset and uttering net please partially slurred not by alcohol consumption, but rather by a knawed down and unlit stogie;-)

yes - that's what I said - you just read it wrong - ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

also - I've retired the double hookset - too much effort involved - low t

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t say anything. It’s already bad enough the guy isn’t catching fish. No need to kick em while their down.

What sir!? You are better than the rest of us rabble? You feel sorry for the unproductive elements of society?

When they're down is the BEST time to kick 'em.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
"I am specifically targeting bullheads and all I can catch are these pesky walleyes!"

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66