Hurricane Evacuation

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd pack my family, the stuff I want, and GTF out. No house or worldly crap is worth putting my family in front of a known danger. I'll get another house if I need one. Replacing family is a bit more difficult.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My inlaws were in that ice storm, or one like it. They were without power for three weeks. The trailered 30K watt generator behind the John Deer made everything near normal.

The news has an anti Trump agenda. I think they were hoping for the worst so they could use this against him like they did Katrina and Bush. When the storm started to weaken they started to exaggerate. One guy was holding on to a light pole leaning into it like he was going to blow away if not for the light pole. One little problem, and old couple strolled past behind him. Another was in a canoe reporting and that looked bad until a guy walked past ankle deep. My wife showed me the videos on facebook.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd pack my family, the stuff I want, and GTF out. No house or worldly crap is worth putting my family in front of a known danger. I'll get another house if I need one. Replacing family is a bit more difficult.

True enough, my achilles heel would be actually recognizing the danger and being afraid. Obviously it depends on the situation, if I am in a low area in an apartment, a trip would be Plan A. If I am in a prepper bunker, high from the water table, probably look at it as test for armaggedon. LOL, and no I am not really prepared for armaggedon, need more .22 ammo.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
YA PrairieGhost I've saw of the Weather Channel was a joke

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
My inlaws were in that ice storm, or one like it. They were without power for three weeks. The trailered 30K watt generator behind the John Deer made everything near normal.

The news has an anti Trump agenda. I think they were hoping for the worst so they could use this against him like they did Katrina and Bush. When the storm started to weaken they started to exaggerate. One guy was holding on to a light pole leaning into it like he was going to blow away if not for the light pole. One little problem, and old couple strolled past behind him. Another was in a canoe reporting and that looked bad until a guy walked past ankle deep. My wife showed me the videos on facebook.

then the 2 in the background ;:;rofl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 138
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86