Iam the NFG :)

I've been browsing the forum for a bit now and figured I should quit lurking and jump in. From the farm but married a city gal and so Fargo is home atm. I fish early spring through late fall in northern MN. Got an off the grid fishing shack where cell service can't reach, which is heaven in my book. Hunted some when I was younger but those contacts have moved on and so my shot guns and rifles sit quietly in my closet. Anyone got any advice on where a guy can find a few fishing/hunting buddies? My dog is good company but she doesn't tell jokes, drink cocktails or play cribbage.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Let me be the first to welcome you aboard. It can be one hell of a ride sometimes.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welcome to the forum, others will be along soon to see if you like dogs with docked tails, like sparkly boats and other stuff.

Just remember the FNG picks up the check, washes trucks, boats and buys cigars...

:;:smokin

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll take you fishing as long as you agree that the 6.5 creedmoor is a useless round and will fade away into the sunset.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard the creedmore kicks like a whore.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll take you fishing as long as you agree that the 6.5 creedmoor is a useless round and will fade away into the sunset.
Don't go with that guy. If he doesn't know guns chances are not good for fishing either.:)

Thought I should add the smiley face before anyone takes me serious.

Edit: Ooooops welcome aboard.

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Pay attention that Luvcatchingbass posted a picture of the last new guy in member photo's.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cribbage player = truly refined gentleman. WELCOME!!!

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not from ND, but if you ever find yourself in NE I play cribbage and hunt and fish as much as the wife lets me...you're welcome to come along. Being I'm not from ND and this is a ND site, not sure its my place to welcome you...kinda of like going to a buddies place and inviting a friend to come along...just doesn't seem right :). But I will go out on a limb and say if most of them welcomed me, and you like outdoor activities...you'll probably fit in pretty good! This is a great site...enjoy!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t worry! the only entry fee for becoming a member is the proof of ownership of a 6.5 creedmoor. Welcome !

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welcome to the fray...great info abounds...good guys on here...for the most part!:cool:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have a cabin with no cell service, enjoy fishing, cribbage and dogs. How do you NOT find fishing buddies?? Sound like you'll fit right in here!

Where's this cabin you speak?

FiveGallonFishBucket

I've never thought about docking my pups tails, but wouldn't labs and golden retrievers look funny with a nubbin? I've got sparkly meat hooked spoons in my tackle box but nothing sparkles on my old Lund ;)

Creedmore looks like a nice gun but I am still in love with my 45/70 and 30-30 lever action open sites (I guess I am a romantic for other times)

Pinochle, whist, spades and hearts as well although usually I feel lucky just finding another cribbage player.

SHM..NE would be a great trip and I would enjoy hosting a trip up north if your game.

Whofishes… I'll bite.. why? There is a story or stories behind the 5galBucket.. but I am curious to hear more.

Vollmer...Surey is just a casual drive..heh isn't everything in ND?

Dslayer….I've got a couple friends that go once a year and I take my kids when schools not in session. But especially during early spring and late fall I end up mostly going with just my pup. Its not accessible, the way I recall fishing on area lakes as a kid. 8 hours door to door - 18 miles of dirt logging roads - 2 to 6 miles of atv trails - no state side boat landing - poo in a bucket - bath in the lake - hauling water - for myself this is perfect but I think contributes to my problem. Although its a problem with a great payoff in my book ;)
chicksn-trucks-the-perfect-bed-time-story-25-1.jpg

Hope this answers most of the q's

Thanks for all of the responses

Last edited:

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never thought about docking my pups tails, but wouldn't labs and golden retrievers look funny with a nubbin? I've got sparkly meat hooked spoons in my tackle box but nothing sparkles on my old Lund ;)

sounds like fishingbuddy is more your style, here we are tail docking, tourney fishing, 6.5 creedmore sniping, sparkle boat financing, deer tag bitching, expensive rod using, anti bottom bouncer fishin, nonresident bashin, trophy deer slaying, slot limit hating, wheeling deeling, jacked up truck driving, white sunglass wearing, kiss stealing SOB's.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 92
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 60