Boat Tarp Repair

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need some advice on who does good boat tarp repair. The new Ranger tarp didn’t even make it a full season. I’d prefer to find someone in the Minot area, but I’d take it as far as Bismarck if that’s the best options. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need some advice on who does good boat tarp repair. The new Ranger tarp didn’t even make it a full season. I’d prefer to find someone in the Minot area, but I’d take it as far as Bismarck if that’s the best options. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Talk to Carey at 6 mile.

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can tell you not to bring it to Yankton Canvas in Jamestown. 2nd time they've had mine this season and still don't have it back. Claim they couldn't get to it this spring and now it's been there for 3 weeks. Have a 12" tear on port side windshield...
Thanks for the reminder to call them!

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
no warranty on a brand new tarp? Was the boat new as well?

I’ll talk to them but I highly doubt they will. Yeah boat was new last September. The tarp on my last Ranger (2014 1880 angler) was at least twice as thick and made from a different material. The mid strap was a belly strap that went all the way across which was a pain but it worked. The tarp on my 620 has short straps on the side that just go to the trailer. The plastic buckle broke and the tarp tore at the windshield going down the highway. Pretty disappointed in this new tarp.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are kind of spoiled on the East side of the state with TRS Industries in Fargo.

I would say go there and have them make you a new one if you were closer.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those ranger tarps should last 6-8 years without a doubt. Hell I see some ten year old ones still.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those ranger tarps should last 6-8 years without a doubt. Hell I see some ten year old ones still.
Yeah this one is definitely made from a different material than they were a few years ago. Not impressed at all.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill second Carey @ 6Mile, I havent had him do any work personally but I have seen his workmanship and its quality!

defiant1

Honored Member
Outlaw Tarp Repair - Mandan. Justin did great work modifying my existing factory Ranger cover to accommodate the bigger TM and taller windscreens I installed.

d1

Attachments

Outlaw Tarp Repair.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87