Need a little prayer

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very sorry to hear. Hope all turns out well for your grandson.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
very sad to read this... praying for your grandson and all involved...

man was i lucky as a kid...

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If they were hunting waterfowl I'm guessing there is an extremely high probability of the pellet being steel. Prayers go to your grandson. Can't imagine, with grandchildren of my own, what you are going through. Prayers to you as well.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Prayers sent. Hope this is a happy ending. Surgeons can do wonders now days

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you very much, every one of you. A man has to count himself wealthy when he has friends he may never meet, but are still willing to pray for his grandson. God bless each and every one of you.

Our grandson has tear duct surgery today, laser eye surgery tomorrow, and they are monitoring the BB. It sounds like it entered low enough that it passed below the brain. I kept thinking about those stories of guys being shot in the head with nail guns and surviving. You wonder if those things change behavior. Anyway, we don't know the path, but we are hopeful no brain tissue was involved. It is lodged in soft tissue close to the brain stem and they don't know if they can risk removing it. At least its starting to look as if things are going the right direction.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is good news to hear, for the circumstances. Wishing him a speedy and healthy recovery. Thanks for the update. :)

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I will keep your Grandson and family in my prayers.

I wish I was closer we could make a little trip to find and "speak" with the kid (s) involved, if he's not locked up he needs some counseling and a little quiet time to think over his mistakes.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a call from my son about ten seconds ago. They are going to try leave the BB because it's stuck in bone, and pressed against the main artery that supplies the brain.

Turns out these kids had their boats 30 yards apart. Anyway, this kid is hunting over decoys with BBB and shot at a coot on the water between the boats. There was magnum stupidity in this case. A kid from Minnesota brought his two duck boats over and that's what they were using. Unfortunately at that age they all think they are experienced hunters, and don't take advise very well.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man what a terrible ordeal, and a very serious one at that. I sure hope and pray everything works out for him, he's in very good hands down there so I'm betting it will.
Hang in there!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't put into words how much I appreciate the kindness of people I have not met praying for my grandson. I have always said that if you chuck a spear, throw arrows, or toss lead your a brother. I am going to have to add first in line if you pray. I sincerely appreciate you guys more than you will perhaps ever know.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't put into words how much I appreciate the kindness of people I have not met praying for my grandson. I have always said that if you chuck a spear, throw arrows, or toss lead your a brother. I am going to have to add first in line if you pray. I sincerely appreciate you guys more than you will perhaps ever know.
How's his vision out of that eye? Definitely sounds like all things being equal that bb took a hell of a lucky route to come so close to so many critical pieces and not sever them. Hope all goes well definitely not a good way to start the season.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77