Need a little prayer

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Grandson went hunting today with a party of hunters. A bunch of dumb ass college kids. They shot him. He is in the emergency room with a pellet in the corner of the left eye. He was hit other places also. Some fool disregarded all hunter safety rules. It sound like a guy went around a very small pond and shot at a coot on the water. Right in line with four friends at 30 yards. Pattern was small enough it only hit my grandson. At least that's the story so far. Prayers would be great.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The CAT scan showed no BB lodged anywhere. His right eye is leveraged, and they are waiting for the eye surgeon. Could have been a lot worse. Thanks for the prayers.

Edit: Neurologist looked at the scan. There is a BB and it's so deep it may be inaccessible. They are being sent to Minneapolis.

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
In hindsight...I'm glad nothing ever happened when we whent hunting in HS with more than 4 people. Only did it a few times and learned it wasn't much fun watching them yahoos. By 18 It was just me and one or two friends that ever went together. Had plenty of opportunities to hunt in big parties and usually turned them all down, still do.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The neurologist looked at the dorsal view. The BB passed through the head and is lodged against the brain stem. The retina is split and the facial sinus is ruptured. He is in the air and on the way now. Hope the week-end team isn't all he gets there.

They want to do an MRI, but can't if it's steel shot. They want to know if it's an alloy, but the kid who shot him will not answer his phone.

Last edited:

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’m so sorry to hear this. If you haven’t already, the kid that shot him, even as an accident, needs to be in custody NOW. Especially if he isn’t cooperating.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75