Need a little prayer

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the main reason I don't hunt with very many people. First of all, WTF was your gun doing on FIRE?? If you carry your gun on fire, you were taught wrong! Second, why was your gun pointed to the left?? Third.....Finger on the trigger??~!! This is how you sit in cattails? Gun on fire, finger on the trigger, and gun pointed in the direction of member of hunting party.

His cousin was sitting to his right so he had the gun pointing to the left, away from the cousin.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank God, after reading that the gun was on fire I must have read it wrong thinking he was to the right. It seems like the few times in my life where I've hunted in bigger parties, there's always one guy who doesn't shoot at a rooster, and his explanation is that his gun was on safe. That tells me he is used to carrying it on fire SMH. One of the reasons I like carrying my double barrel is that the safety is on top for the thumb. I only take the safety off when bringing my gun to my shoulder. Its also automatically set to safe when you break it open.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am disappointed in the attitude of todays youth. My son was not happy at all. While his son was flown air ambulance to Minnesota the doctors tried to find out if it was steel or alloy shot so they could do an MRI or avoid and MRI. The people the grandson was hunting with were so concerned they went home planned their evening dove hunt, turned off their phones, and went to bed for the day to catch up on sleep. No one could get ahold of them. My son called his wife, still left in Valley City making arrangements for their daughter to stay with friends, and she had to go beat on doors. I think their skulls are so thick it's going to take years and children of their own before they have a clue.

Last edited:

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For a while there I had a little sympathy for this kid. We all make mistakes. But none of them have any sense of responsibility or regard for a human life and can just go to sleep. WOW!!!:mad:

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any updates? Haven't seen anything about it in the news, so that must be a good thing. Hope all is well. T's and P's

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kids dont turn their phones off. Ever.

They were scared shitless and instead of owning what happened and facing the music. They ran and hid.

Some friends.........

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
Praying for continued improvement!

A long list of stupid actions lead to this near catastrophic event. Hopefully this story can be used to educate inexperienced/ careless hunters about situational awareness, ricochets, proper and improper setups, shot size selection etc...

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any updates? Haven't seen anything about it in the news, so that must be a good thing. Hope all is well. T's and P's
Sorry I guess I brought some others up to date, but not on here.

On Sept 23 he had a stent put in his right tear duct so it would heal open and not shut. Monday Sept 24 he had laser eye surgery to repair the split retina. The BBB that is against the blood vein leading to the brain and against the brain stem is risky and they will leave it if it doesn't move. He goes back Oct 3 for CAT scan to see if the BBB has moved or is stable. We are hoping it is stable. If so he will never be able to have an MRI. They are unsure if the BBB penetrated the membrane protecting the spinal column in the head. They said if he gets a strange metallic taste in his mouth he should come in right away because that's what spinal fluid taste like.

So far thing have been better than expected. Neurologists that are not his doctor stopped in and asked to look at him. They all shake their head and can't understand how that BBB could have gone in the eye and to the back of his head with no neurological symptoms. They checked him multiple times and he has no numbness in the face, hands, or feet. Eye movement is good. Vision is 20/20. Praise God.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, that good prognosis PG. So what's the legal criminal side of this? Is the douche involved getting any punishment, he should be.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like God is on your side as of now. Sure hope things turn out for the very best for you and family. Continued thoughts and prayers...

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad to hear things are going well. ndlongshot hit the nail on the head.... kids don't turn their phones off... ever... that kid was either scared shitless, or too stupid to be scared shitless. Regardless, a dove hunt the next morning should have been the last thing on his mind...

In any case, it sounds like the dummy needs to go through hunters safety again...

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
They went dove hunting that evening, and duck hunting the next morning. Turning off the phones does really bother me. I guess it's their apparent lack of concern.

Somebody must have been looking out for him! Great news PG, hope things go well with the CAT scan!
My thoughts too shorthairman. Since the BB went straight my only explanation is God knit him in the womb with nerve endings positioned for that day.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
We received news of our grandsons latest CAT scan. Doctors are worried that the BB may be eroding the Basilar artery. They will check again in six months.

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How’s your grandson and did anything ever happen to the idiot behind the gun? I can’t imagine the rage I’d have

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76