Waterfowl Report

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you ambush geese in a field they were feeding in the previous day will they return to the same field another day or will it push them out of the area ?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
got 18 floaters a robo duck a set of waders for me and the kid we are doing some hunting this weekend

All you need to do in Walworth and Corson counties is jump stock dams this time of year.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like decoying them in and the splash down plus dog enjoys swimming

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
All you need to do in Walworth and Corson counties is jump stock dams this time of year.

I grew up in that neck of the woods and jumped lots of ponds. I am a snob now, once I started decoying i figured out shooting them in the face at 10 yards sure beat shooting them in the tail feathers lol!

You can get as excited as you want about the snow in SK. Fact is the big push will come in early November......as always!

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Could you give another psa and how people should never hunt water that was a fun one......... we need to refresh the butt hurt butter
Don’t bust the roost you blue platers!

didnt mean to stir the pot. I prob hunt water a few times a year

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like decoying them in and the splash down plus dog enjoys swimming

Oh you better have a dog when jumping dams, or hope the wind is blowing hard enough.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just saw cranes over Motown when I was shooting bow with new stabilizer

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hunting small open water sloughs, use a fishing rod with a bobber and hook, beats the hack out of hip waders

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m so sick of the roost busting b.s. not everyone has the ability to field hunt. So should they not be allowed to enjoy the same passion for waterfowl as others?

The money spent on a dog alone well surpasses the money it takes to field hunt, 3 dozen full body mallards and a couple of spinners is about all you need.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The money spent on a dog alone well surpasses the money it takes to field hunt, 3 dozen full body mallards and a couple of spinners is about all you need.

Don't wanna put words in his mouth. But, I am guessing he is referring to access not necessarily $.

SlamminSalmon

Honored Member
Correct. Waterfowl hunting is expensive no mater which way you do it but not everyone has access to the fields. And I refuse to pay someone to shoot a public bird!

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I still want to know how the snow-line started 8" West of Saskatoon?

Russian trolls

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. Waterfowl hunting is expensive no mater which way you do it but not everyone has access to the fields. And I refuse to pay someone to shoot a public bird!

are there non-public birds ? I thought all waterfowl we hunted were public birds ???

I am confused. Easily.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back to reports:was out this AM and saw a very few cranes at Long Lake near Braddock (maybe 200-250 total). They just don't gather there like they used to.....Very few ducks and a very few Canadians also.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^^^^^^ Dame roost hunters!!! :mad:............:;:stirthepot.........................;:;rofl

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you ambush geese in a field they were feeding in the previous day will they return to the same field another day or will it push them out of the area ?
It really depends how many geese are in the area. This time of year the locals will move but I have blasted them two days in a row before. But they'll come back eventually if they like that field. If there are lots of migration geese in the area its best too pass shoot'em if you want them to stick around.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been a very quiet waterfowl season so far in my area. I haven't done any hunting this year but have heard very little shooting or seeing other hunters while out and about. Looks like some of the smaller wetlands are dried up and the ducks and geese are pretty spread out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75