Ready! Set! AIM Weekend Walleye Series Announces Tournament Sites For 2019

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does someone need a hug??

No, someone needs a few tournament-less weekends on Devils Lake and Sak from mid-may through Mid-Aug. Other than Memorial Day week and the week of the 4th of July there's some manner of tournament going on on both bodies of water all summer. If I was going to be really selfish I'd also say it'd be nice to fish the Missouri mid-Apr through June minus the 100 boat drag races.

The prize could be a box of badger hair and it'd still bring out the fucktard in some people.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
we have a tournament of some sort in mobridge almost from may to august every weekend but its a big lake so i dont even notice. bring them on they keep our taxes down in town since we 3b tax all the tourists.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they ran the aim last year from woodland and not the state park. The state park though gets hit for every other tournament. I put some minutes on the outboard on the boat vs. putting in at the state park. The MWC and NWT both have a event. one thing about it is all these events are August and on -- a lot of the ones that get on the water first in the spring are already sitting at home bitchen about the heat; we have the ramp to ourselves. Aim had very few boats imo --

this winter is like 1936 -- the summer will be the same hot hot and hotter and no wind--- i will come by pulling a bouncer by the pros in the shade of my bimini and a cold busch light in my hand reeling in a biggen in between sips --- lookin over at em sweatin it out --- all that is on my mind will be if i can get a quickie from the old lady in the boat and about my ribeye i need to get on the grill.

Good luck boys.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do they handicap these tournaments? #$%^&>:;:howdy

Stobber

I could care less about the negativity, I am going to make the most out of it and enjoy every moment and learn something along the way and hopefully make some good friends. I find nothing negative about this format, only good things. This tournament will kill less fish than the recreational boaters that are keeping fish.

I cant wait to fish every one of these and enjoy the comradere while the grumps stay at home while we enjoy "their" lakes.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stobber you will enjoy the circuit, they are run very well. There are a great group of guys that fish it, they will definitely educate you but you will have to watch and learn.

After fishing the circuit for the last three years I have decided to move on to bigger things. Mainly because this year's schedule interferes with prior commitments for other tournaments. National's will be the only AIM tourney for me this year.

Stobber

Stobber you will enjoy the circuit, they are run very well. There are a great group of guys that fish it, they will definitely educate you but you will have to watch and learn.

After fishing the circuit for the last three years I have decided to move on to bigger things. Mainly because this year's schedule interferes with prior commitments for other tournaments. National's will be the only AIM tourney for me this year.

Thank you sir, maybe we will bump into each other. I will be in what is sure to be one of the only AlumaCrafts.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you sir, maybe we will bump into each other. I will be in what is sure to be one of the only AlumaCrafts.

Never mind, I thought you meant State championship on Devils...not Nationals....I will out of town for the Nationals, was hoping to come be a spectator, but I will be in Ontario putting walleyes in the boat.

Vollmers

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't sugar coat it.
No, someone needs a few tournament-less weekends on Devils Lake and Sak from mid-may through Mid-Aug. Other than Memorial Day week and the week of the 4th of July there's some manner of tournament going on on both bodies of water all summer. If I was going to be really selfish I'd also say it'd be nice to fish the Missouri mid-Apr through June minus the 100 boat drag races.

The prize could be a box of badger hair and it'd still bring out the fucktard in some people.

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to win this in a peddle boat.

Found your new ride

2678.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think they ran the aim last year from woodland and not the state park. The state park though gets hit for every other tournament. I put some minutes on the outboard on the boat vs. putting in at the state park. The MWC and NWT both have a event. one thing about it is all these events are August and on -- a lot of the ones that get on the water first in the spring are already sitting at home bitchen about the heat; we have the ramp to ourselves. Aim had very few boats imo --

this winter is like 1936 -- the summer will be the same hot hot and hotter and no wind--- i will come by pulling a bouncer by the pros in the shade of my bimini and a cold busch light in my hand reeling in a biggen in between sips --- lookin over at em sweatin it out --- all that is on my mind will be if i can get a quickie from the old lady in the boat and about my ribeye i need to get on the grill.

Good luck boys.

electric-slide-self-bailing-pedal-boat-3.gif

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The few times I'm in a boat during the open water period only makes my time on the banks of the Sheyenne even more enjoyable. A meager 100 yard walk and I'm totally alone with nothing on my mind but the competition between myself and the fish I seek to catch.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Other than a handful of bigger tourneys pretty spread throughout the lake, I don’t even notice the extra boats on Sak. I do feel for the guys that use boat ramps like parshall bay.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
In paper today g and f reminding us not to release fish caught in over 30 fow.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Game and Fish also thinks there is not a walleye migration on Sakakawea and the Missouri River..........
There was an extensive study done by the NDGF/SDGF/SDSU and it basically showed there isn't much fish movement. The spring bite tends to coincide with warming water not a migration.

https://gf.nd.gov/magazine/2016/may/walleye-study

And although this study doesn't include Sak, the Bite there is definitely related to water temps in the spring as well.

Last edited:

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
SDMF. You sir are a Jag off. So your calling me a duchee for fishing tournaments. Go F off. We like the competition and the comradery. We enjoy spending the time in the boat wondering if we have what it takes to finish well that particular day. If you think there are to many tournaments on the lake go fish another. If there wasn't a fishing tournament atmosphere who knows how advanced fishing would've become. You can bash me all you want I'm proud to fish tournaments and sir that is that. Have yourself a wonderful crab ass day.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha - you just told SDMF he's grouchy - probably ineffective since it's like telling Oscar the Grouch he's grouchy
iJTi9Tw-_400x400.png

2Q==

most of SDMF's stuff is shtick

except for Sconi disdain. That's super real. You can thank jagoff sconis for creating that.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85