Ready! Set! AIM Weekend Walleye Series Announces Tournament Sites For 2019

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
So your calling me a duchee for fishing tournaments. Go F off. If you think there are to many tournaments on the lake go fish another.

And that right there is why I despise tournaments and tournament fisherpeople. It all comes down to you tourney folks thinking it's your lake for the 2-3 days your competing, and the 5-7 days you pre-fish, and there's tournaments every weekend.

While resort/hotel, gas station, restaurant and bait shop owners around Sak and Devils may welcome tournament anglers today, what do you suppose they'd think if non-tournament anglers took your suggestion and decided to fish elsewhere? There's a lot more of us than there are of you.

I bet the AIM folks love reading about their entrants telling non-tournament folk to fish somewhere else.

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
kellys.jpg
Just to let you know I don't fish the AIM. If a tournament director doesn't want me to fish because I have an opinion. Than that's their choice and its fine with me. Nore do I care what people think of my opinion.

I just love it when you classify all of us under your class of so called tournament anglers. We as in my partners and I. Fish away from the crowd; we find our own areas. We give respect to everyone on the lake. This goes both ways dude. If we constantly bicker and don't work together as anglers/hunters. There is a higher chance that the opportunities to enjoy the outdoors will be in jeopardy. I know lake cabin owners that are bigger asses than any tournament angler I've meet. Just saying :;:cheers

Last edited:

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just to let you know I don't fish the AIM. If a tournament director doesn't want me to fish because I have an opinion. Than that's their choice and its fine with me. Nore do care what people think of my opinion.

I just love it when you classify all of us under your class of so called tournament anglers. We as in my partners and I. Fish away from the crowd; we find our own areas. We give respect to everyone on the lake. This goes both ways dude. If we constantly bicker and don't work together as anglers/hunters. There is a higher chance that the opportunities to enjoy the outdoors will be in jeopardy. I know lake cabin owners that are bigger asses than any tournament angler I've meet. Just saying :;:cheers

I see what you did there, clever....

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just love it when you classify all of us under your class of so called tournament anglers. We as in my partners and I. Fish away from the crowd; we find our own areas. We give respect to everyone on the lake.

That's not what you said in your 1st post. Here's what you said in your 1st post to me:

Tillerman2095 said:
If you think there are to many tournaments on the lake go fish another.

That doesn't seem very respectful. That seems to be exactly the sort of attitude I pointed out earlier in the thread.:

SDMF said:
The prize could be a box of badger hair and it'd still bring out the fucktard in some people.

Honored Member
There was an extensive study done by the NDGF/SDGF/SDSU and it basically showed there isn't much fish movement. The spring bite tends to coincide with warming water not a migration.

https://gf.nd.gov/magazine/2016/may/walleye-study

And although this study doesn't include Sak, the Bite there is definitely related to water temps in the spring as well.

I do not disagree with the fact that the bite does get better with rising temperatures however, how can you explain the numbers of fish caught in the spring around the Bismarck area vs. the fall off of just temperature? Also, the numbers of fish caught going from the west end of Sakakawea in the spring vs. around Indian hills?

Honored Member
And that right there is why I despise tournaments and tournament fisherpeople. It all comes down to you tourney folks thinking it's your lake for the 2-3 days your competing, and the 5-7 days you pre-fish, and there's tournaments every weekend.

While resort/hotel, gas station, restaurant and bait shop owners around Sak and Devils may welcome tournament anglers today, what do you suppose they'd think if non-tournament anglers took your suggestion and decided to fish elsewhere? There's a lot more of us than there are of you.

I bet the AIM folks love reading about their entrants telling non-tournament folk to fish somewhere else.

I'm a proud tournament angler who participates in around 7-9 a year!! I have nothing but respect for other anglers on the water and give them there space. Last year I had 4 anglers who weren't tournament anglers nearly run me over on Sakakawea ( as if there isn't plenty of water to go around everyone and not through them). I have also had 2 so called weekend anglers that fished so close to me I could've STEPPED into there boat (not jumped but stepped). Fishing in a crowd isn't my style I would rather find the hard to find stuff other anglers choose not to fish. Some people like the competition and comadery that goes along with tournament angling and some don't. To each there own. There is disrespectful people on both sides of the fishing scale. The only thing thats going to change that is a grown up conversation, not being dicks towards each other. I also like TRUMP, COLD BEER, WHISKEY ON THE ROCKS, AMERICA, and a GORGEOUS WOMAN WITH A FISHING POLE IN HER HANDS!!!!!!

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow SDMF you just cant let it go. Your putting crap words in my mouth and telling me its strawberries. Of course you can make it sound like a terrible thing saying "go fish somewhere else". Or you can take it as. Go fish another lake or a different area of the lake away from the no good for nothing tournament anglers. But I get it; you mad bro. I guess my sarcastic ass like behavior masks my wonderful personality. :;:stirthepot
66.jpg

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do not disagree with the fact that the bite does get better with rising temperatures however, how can you explain the numbers of fish caught in the spring around the Bismarck area vs. the fall off of just temperature? Spring = spawn, fall = feed before winter both can be good but they are different and spring just gets way more attention. Also, the numbers of fish caught going from the west end of Sakakawea in the spring vs. around Indian hills? The run off from the Missouri and little Missouri causes the water to warm up quicker on the west end. As those warm waters get out into the main lake the fish start biting there as well. Fishing out of IH in early June generally means running to McKenzie or up around independence point where the water is 10 degrees warmer. By the 4th of July that water has warmed by IH and it’s poppin!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm a proud tournament angler who participates in around 7-9 a year!! I have nothing but respect for other anglers on the water and give them there space.

Good, now, go police the shitcicle tournament anglers who think the non-tournament folks should fish somewhere else. And learn yourself the difference between there, they're, and their.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow SDMF you just cant let it go. Your putting crap words in my mouth and telling me its strawberries. Of course you can make it sound like a terrible thing saying "go fish somewhere else". Or you can take it as. Go fish another lake or a different area of the lake away from the no good for nothing tournament anglers.

I have a much better idea. Only 1 lake on a given weekend in ND can hold a tournament. Then the whole lot of you can camarade together.

Last edited:

Honored Member
Good, now, go police the shitcicle tournament anglers who think the non-tournament folks should fish somewhere else. And learn yourself the difference between there, they're, and their.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a much better idea. Only 1 lake on a given weekend in ND can hold a tournament. Then the whole lot of you can camarade together.

Please educate me. I can only imagine the amount of knowledge I would gain listening to you. You are God's gift to this earth.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I had 4 anglers who weren't tournament anglers nearly run me over on Sakakawea ( as if there isn't plenty of water to go around everyone and not through them). I have also had 2 so called weekend anglers that fished so close to me I could've STEPPED into there boat (not jumped but stepped).

Some might consider that... a hint.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, yes I am. Currently waiting for the tag to hang below my mirror from the DMV.

I'm actually surprised you don't still wear a hockey helmet daily.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm actually surprised you don't still wear a hockey helmet daily.

I do; but only on really hot July days when I do backflips off of the Verado. Don't want a head injury to worsen my intellectual inabilities.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62