Ready! Set! AIM Weekend Walleye Series Announces Tournament Sites For 2019

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Now you and I have known each other for a better part of 30 years. You know I have donated more tackle and spots to "families" out on the water than most.

I've given away more tackle than most folks will ever own, And I've gone so far as to buy maps, mark them up, and mail them to folks who've asked.

No it's not every tourney angler, but, there's just enough in every tournament, and there's tournaments every weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

I was not saying non-tournament anglers should move, There is also a lot of water, so if you try a little bit, you can find a spot where no body will bother you.

That sounds like, "Move somewhere else" to me. This happens every time, the attention whores get caught telling non-tournament people how they really feel about having to fish around us, and when confronted about it, they back up and try to soften their stance.

drivenmarine.net said:
As for every weekend, there are a lot, maybe too many, but like I said those bodies of water are hundreds of miles long. A tournament isn't that big of a deal.

It's a big deal to me. Tournaments every weekend means pre-fishing every day of the week prior. Pre-fishing tournament people are worse than they are on tournament day because there's no tournament director to call.

drivenmarine.net said:
You didn't just mention tournaments are annoying. You came out calling people you don't even know some pretty nasty things. There are assholes in all walks of life, we all might as well get used to it, and try not to be one ourselfs.

And now you attention whores don't like that the silent majority is sick of your B.S. and starting to speak up.

Really, what could possibly be better for tournament fisherpeople than for all of you to fish all together on just one body of water every weekend? If it's about Camaraderie like you say it is, you'd have more comrades. If it's about seeing if you have what it takes on any given day then you'd know you have what it takes to beat every other attention whore on a given day.

I wonder if I could find a single-wide jet ski trailer so I could train my daughter how to back it up @ Grahams Island on tournament day?

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I really, really, REALLY want to watch SDMF shave a live badger.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really, really, REALLY want to watch SDMF shave a live badger.

91BC336B-3EAE-4512-9377-468ADD04F7A7.jpg

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh no, no, no, no. You don’t get off that easy. I want to see it shaved live by a dude with the same personality that it has.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys got it tough up there. No where to hunt ,no where to fish ,all the trees are gone ,cost of living sky high, to much water, not enough water, to many mosquitos, pipe line protest, no slot limits, cougars transported by game and fish in horse trailers, no pheasants, can’t get a deer tag, to many nr archery hunters, ramps over ran by tournament fisherman, lakes over ran by weekend googans , sconis rapingand pillaging, colder than a witches titty, hotter than satins ass crack. Might have missed a few but misery loves company feel free to add to the atrocity suffered by Nd outdoors people. ( pc women don’t like being left out)

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah we got her so tough up here I’d never live anywhere else. Dur musta been 100 boats unloaded at my favorite ramp. Took us 12 minutes in line.

The one time i fished in Texas on a horse crap rainy day, we were boat ticket number two hundred and some at 6 am and it cost us 20 bucks to unload. The guy I was fishing with said this is quiet. On a nice day you’d have a few thousand wake board boats to contend with too.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh no, no, no, no. You don’t get off that easy. I want to see it shaved live by a dude with the same personality that it has.

I’m in no danger of running out of badger hair:

3122A997-C28E-4576-B7C6-611B4A2DC1C4.jpg

drivenmarine.net

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've given away more tackle than most folks will ever own, And I've gone so far as to buy maps, mark them up, and mail them to folks who've asked.

No it's not every tourney angler, but, there's just enough in every tournament, and there's tournaments every weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like, "Move somewhere else" to me. This happens every time, the attention whores get caught telling non-tournament people how they really feel about having to fish around us, and when confronted about it, they back up and try to soften their stance.

It's a big deal to me. Tournaments every weekend means pre-fishing every day of the week prior. Pre-fishing tournament people are worse than they are on tournament day because there's no tournament director to call.

And now you attention whores don't like that the silent majority is sick of your B.S. and starting to speak up.

Really, what could possibly be better for tournament fisherpeople than for all of you to fish all together on just one body of water every weekend? If it's about Camaraderie like you say it is, you'd have more comrades. If it's about seeing if you have what it takes on any given day then you'd know you have what it takes to beat every other attention whore on a given day.

I wonder if I could find a single-wide jet ski trailer so I could train my daughter how to back it up @ Grahams Island on tournament day?

^^ This has to be one of the dumbest things I have read. I didn't soften anything. All I'm saying is there are going to be crowds with or without tournaments, get over it. Fish anywhere when the fish are going. Also, people fish every day of the week everywhere. There are no slow days anymore, unless the weather is shit. As for calling me an attention whore, believe me, I don't fish tournaments because I need attention. I would try to explain my reasoning, but you couldn't understand because it doesn't match the way you think about things. As for your granddaughter backing a trailer, why would you even think of doing something like that. You suppose that would embarrass the crap out of her? That's a great way to get the kid hooked on the outdoors. You make no sense. I'm out.

Last edited by a moderator:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^ This has to be one of the dumbest things I have read. I didn't soften anything. All I'm saying is there are going to be crowds with or without tournaments, get over it.

Right, because even without tournaments 50-100 boats would decide to pile up in front of a ramp and wait for someone to tell them when it's OK to go right? Or, without a tournament, would those boats decide not to create a giant floating traffic jam and just take off one by one as they picked up their pickup-parker?

So, those of us not fishing in a tournament get to have a 3 hr/tournament day boat-ramp goat-fuck along with just enough "I'm in the tournament so stay out of my way" sprinkled in. Sign me up for more of that please. Or maybe NOT!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Right, because even without tournaments 50-100 boats would decide to pile up in front of a ramp and wait for someone to tell them when it's OK to go right? Or, without a tournament, would those boats decide not to create a giant floating traffic jam and just take off one by one as they picked up their pickup-parker?

So, those of us not fishing in a tournament get to have a 3 hr/tournament day boat-ramp goat-fuck along with just enough "I'm in the tournament so stay out of my way" sprinkled in. Sign me up for more of that please. Or maybe NOT!!

your guys tournaments are weird up there ours we take off one by one with team numbers. The longest with 150 teams i have waited is about 30 minutes at most and they have people running and helping load boats so time in to on trailer and out of the way maybe 15 minutes. These are all on oahe at either indian creek or walth bay docks. Even not being in the tournament and fishing i have not noticed a delay as i have not fished any in the last two years. really sold the boat ( got enough friends with boats)because i have lost interest in fishing other than filling the freezer so maybe things have changed but at least in Sodak it has never been that bad.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
your guys tournaments are weird up there ours we take off one by one with team numbers. The longest with 150 teams i have waited is about 30 minutes at most

90min worth of flotilla/take-off in the AM, same @ return time. For a 7:00AM take off you've got a flotilla to navigate by 6:00-6:15 with the last few not leaving until 7:45-8:00.

I hold tournament fisherpeople in roughly the same regard as I do those who "hunt" behind high fences. In the end, it's all about the brag.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not pro or anti tournament but by nature I'm a competitive person and love any type of competition that pushes the human race to higher levels . Sometimes the good, The bad and the ugly needs to be said to create attention to a problem and eventually some good will come out of it. Hoping tournament directors are lending an ear to both problems and solutions so we can all enjoy our livelihoods in years to come.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to fish the governor’s cup out of Ft. Stevenson. Haven’t for a few years, just needed a break I guess. Since I’ve stopped fishing it if I felt the need to fish sakakawea those days I’ve put in at new town, or Pick city, or the other marina at Ft. Stevenson, or I chose a different lake. I didn’t just stand at the one ramp that was being used and shake my fist at all those damn tourney braggers. Good Lord sdmf go shovel some snow to burn off that cabin fever.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80