Woman looses eye at Ryder Cup

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I went to the golf course and lo and behold out of fucking nowhere a golf ball hit me in the eye!!!! Who would of thunk that could possibly fucking happen here at the golf course!! ;:;banghead ;:;banghead :;:lame

Woman hit by Brooks Koepka shot says she nearly died, plans suit against Ryder Cup
Corine Remande, the Ryder Cup spectator who lost sight in her right eye after being struck by an errant Brooks Koepka tee shot, told BBC News that she could have died had she been hit on the side of the head. She is reportedly planning to sue event organizers, accusing marshals at Le Golf National of not properly ensuring her safety and urging Ryder Cup officials to make changes moving forward.
The 49-year-old Frenchwoman told BBC News that a handful of concerns have made her “very angry” in the aftermath of the allegedly life-threatening incident, charging officials with failing to: 1) provide proper safety warnings on tickets; 2) alert spectators about the incoming ball; 3) convey to fans that players were trying to drive the green on the par-4 sixth hole; and 4) check on her at the hospital.
European Tour officials countered all her claims, telling BBC that: 1) tickets clearly state safety concerns; 2) “fore” was yelled multiple times on Koepka’s drive; 3) they are not informed of a player strategy prior to tee shots; and 4) they have been in contact with Remande’s family since the incident.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep it’s like people at the race track not paying attention getting hit in the head with a mud chunk then bitching.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I'm afraid to golf ever again. Although he didn't show it much last weekend at least Koepka can hit a pretty designed golf shot, I however refer you to the case of Brian v Broadside of a barn.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
the dumb bitch stands there ten yards off the fairway and expects complete safety. there should be penalties for people that are dumb enough to sue over gross stupidity on their part.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My guess would be that she will not win the lawsuit. I am sure on your ticket or on the website where you buy your ticket it has a disclaimer stating something about safety and at your own risk just like everything else these days. If anything she might get a little money to shut up. But who knows this happened across seas and I have no idea how they do things over there. Bad deal either way but what bugs me is she accuses the marshals of not ensuring her safety. WTF does she want them to do? If you want complete safety sit in the port a potty and watch through the vent on the door. Some people. SMH

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Either she has never been hit in the face by a white ball before or hit by too many:;:huh

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Considering her response, I was just surprised when i read that she wasn't an American Dem.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Disclaimers don't work all the time. 10 to 1 insurance will pay and she will walk a away with cash

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Squeaky wheels get the grease. She'll be using her passport to move to America and live on the east coast. She can join Mr. Soros and become a paid activist for her future career opportunities.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see this coming to a golf course near you.
Fencing-Masks-and-Claustrophobia-1024x758.jpg
Have to wear one every time you step on the course. ;:;rofl

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you love tikkas or emojis more? Consider me curious.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well now you won't be able to take a phone or camera on the course!

Woman struck in eye at Ryder Cup says fans "were taking pictures" instead of helping

In July a popular tweet circulated contrasting Tiger Woods at the British Open in 2002 and at the event 16 years later. The sharpest difference was not the fit of Woods' trousers or the height of his follow-through, but that most spectators at Carnoustie sought to experience the world's most famous golfer through the lens of their cell phone cameras.
What made for a cute meme over the summer takes on a darker meaning now when considering the account of Corine Remande, the 49-year-old Ryder Cup spectator who was struck in the eye by an errant Brooks Koepka drive and has lost sight in her right eye. In an interview with Agence France-Presse last week, Remande said when she was writhing on the ground moments after being hit, fans around her didn't rush to help her but instead merely took pictures.
"Before being moved, in a big mess, I was afraid of being trampled because Tiger Woods was coming and the crowd was growing around us," Remande said. "What shocked me too was that the spectators were taking pictures of me, but no one was calling for help."
Pictures from that day do show several people assisting Remande once Koepka reached her, while others are still taking pictures.

Remande says she is suing the event for not giving sufficient warning when Koepka's ball was struck. Officials have refuted those claims by saying they yelled warning when the ball was struck, and that tickets explicitly warned of risk.
Remande, however, says she does not hold Koepka accountable. "I am just angry about the organization and all the marshals," she added.
Koepka, whose Ryder Cup experience was more eventful than most, has offered apologies both in a press conference last week and on social media.
"I’m heartbroken, and all messed up inside," Koepka said at the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship. "It’s sad, and I really am torn up about it. She’s not going to be able to see out of her eye ever again. All because I hit a golf ball. This is definitely the one shot in my career that I am going to regret.”

USMCDI

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fxck her, go stand behind the tee box and order a Royale w/cheese. I used to work the ropes at the Sony Open in Hawaii when I was an unused sniper in the Marine Corps (some know about MCI time on the training schedule) and not only did the workers have to sign a bunch of shit to work the driving range and the course but there are a metric shit ton of signs that say: By standing here you are assuming the risk of errant balls and tee shots. She shouldn't get a penny, shit happens.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76