Perfect antelope weather??

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just talked to a buddy of mine. Can only see about 300 yards. Not the norm for antelope. Good luck to all you guys out there.

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This was my view to the start of the WY antelope season on Monday.

Good luck everyone!

Attachments

IMG_2971.JPG
Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just need to start hunting where others quit

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a lot of big dumb antelope right now. Last weekend driving around the badlands, i couldn't help but think how damn easy it would be to get one with a rifle. The curious bastards would walk toward your vehicle when you stopped to glass them.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are a lot of big dumb antelope right now. Last weekend driving around the badlands, i couldn't help but think how damn easy it would be to get one with a rifle. The curious bastards would walk toward your vehicle when you stopped to glass them.

Had herds of them standing beside the road the last couple of months. Three weeks ago I was driving down a section line and two nice bucks were running back and forth in front of me. The bigger one was chasing the smaller one and wouldn't quit. They ran right past me in the road ditch about 50 feet way and totally ignored me. I just sat there with my mouth open. ;:;popcorn

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bigger one gave me the slip, but I really only had one day to hunt, so I am happy with it. 20181005_113722.jpg

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"Perfect antelope weather??"

For me that would be just drawing a tag.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
The bigger one gave me the slip, but I really only had one day to hunt, so I am happy with it. tumblr_pr1ew43SKi1qj0qny_1280.jpg

I love seeing the picture, congratulations!

As I was looking at the picture it occurred to me that I'm really grateful that currently it's impossible to send a "digital sniff" of wet Pronghorn. It may take rubbing alcohol or straight gasoline to get that smell off your hands. I type that with roughly equal parts humor and jealousy. ;:;bowdown

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Nice one Savage270, never will forget my 1985 Antelope hunt west of Fairfield, he still hangs on the wall downstairs

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Roads are pretty mucky so didn't do much just a quick check of some new areas seeing how posted everything was. Ove all pretty quiet out there didn't see much for hunters or Antelope for that matter or pheasant or grouse did see a shitpot a deer though. The two groups I did see I was pleasantly surprised to see the bucks for Fairly large. They were in that magic size that drives everybody crazy cuz they're just a little smaller than you normally want to shoot but they're right at the trophy line anyways. You know the ones you stare at too long you're going to end up having to shoot them so i left them alone for now.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow opening day was tough with the weather. We did see a real decent buck a few hours before shooting hours. But gone by noon. Me and my old man walked roughly 10 miles friday and didnt spot shit. Some can be blamed on the cloudy wet windy bs. I feel there wasnt many antelope
around and only had this weekend to hunt. This morning was a different story and was able to spot and take a long shot (for what i'm use to) somewhere in the 400 to 500yd range and take this -no monster but filled the tag! Fun hunt and did some prairedog hunting before heading home.IMG_20181006_200134_819.jpg

ElkHunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The weather was terrible for finding antelope so it was a good that I had an idea of where to start looking from archery season. Found this guy about 4 hours into the hunt. After a sneak and a short belly crawl he was in the crosshairs at 120 yards. He was rutting pretty hard yet and constantly running two bucks off so it took a bit to get him to stand still. He returned to his does one final time. After I dropped him the the does stood around and it was a race to the herd for the other bucks. They postured over the dead buck for a bit then started to split up the does. It was a great hunt. Now only about 10 more years until I draw another tag.

Attachments

BA3DA368-978F-4868-8FE4-7D27793B678F.jpg 0C2B98DD-8B5E-45CD-8DB0-E13749F7577D.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77