Toby from Fishingbuddy

Toby

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I am Toby. A drunk for a few years. Been kicked in the balls repeatedly for more years than I can remember. I have been stone cold sober for 1098 days now and I finally have the courage to tell everyone I was an asshole and for that I have to apologize, not that it really matters that I apologize to people that I offended that I don't know or never met but I do, it matters to me. Some of you guys knew me before and the insight I offered as far as fishing and hunting tactics, shooting too. I wanted to apologize to those that are good peeps and I messed up.

I don't frequent online forums much anymore but I may post things on this one because there are many that interest me and I like the format. I am going to say things like everyone else does because I can, why can't I?

SO...I am a NEW member brand new, but older and beat up, beat down, but wiser. I know there are many on this website that like me but I also know there are others that are unsure of me, maybe don't like me. I get that. Let's just get this BS out of the way, PM me and ask.

Go. Toby

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
You always treated me well Toby. Here I am PriairieGhost on Nodak and Fishingbuddy I was Plainsman. I didn't envy the job you had. Members wanted one thing and advertisers another, and owners still another. That's caught between a rock and a hard spot. Glad to hear things are looking up. Thing should be much better when you can sit back and enjoy yourself without moderating.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't know you at all Toby. As far as I'm concerned, it takes some big balls to come on and apologize when you could very easily just not be involved at all. :;:thumbsup
Good luck to you in the future and great job with your hard work 1098 days.

Fish On!

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good for you Toby. Several of my friends are recovering alcoholics. Sobriety is a good thing. If I held grudges against my friends for dumb things they did while drinking , I wouldn't have many friends . None of us miss the drama.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dude it’s all good. I have found in life that if you could kick the person in the ass who causes the most of the problems in your life that I couldn’t sit down for two weeks.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well Toby you can always say you were the person that caused this website to pop up ;:;rofl

campchef

Honored Member
I'm not sure what factors came into play to cause FBO to self destruct. None of my business actually but as a small business entrepreneur I seem to evaluate every business I patronize. Customer service may be just a simple greeting, a welcome to my business so to speak but I'm frightened by the number of people who just want your $$. Soon communication will be a lost art. I'm an old fart. talk a lot and enjoy engaging conversation. I've accepted the fact that I'm a dinosaur

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don’t know you or your past, but judging by your post, your in a better place now than 1098 days ago. Congratulations on that and I hope it continues to go well!

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations on your journey, may you find continued success.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad you feel you want to start over. Like I said before, that takes courage. Stop worrying about the mistakes of the past. File them away in the "Try not to do again" file and just keep looking foreword. The crap you're worried about is so UNIMPORTANT to me it's stupid. Glad to hear you got this thing put in a cage. PM me if you ever want to hit the river or moon for a bit. Tight Lines!!!!

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Takes some nutz to write that and put it out there.. 1099 days, congrats

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats on your sobriety. You are welcomed here as long as you play nice, don't come off as a GST, and you'll be fine. Staying sober can be challenging at times, keep it up.

Toby

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I just want to start over. I honestly was nervous for posting something like this very personal, didn't know how it would be received but I needed to do it. On that note, I hunt, I fish, I do a lot of mechanic work, I am a certified welder, and I have about 400 acres of land that I let youth hunt on. Thank you guys for all. Post some more soon.

Toby

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never had any personal issues with you so welcome back. All though your apologies sound suspect. Congratulations on your accomplishments! Lifes to short to worry about the past.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75