Hell of a year for giant muleys.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
So instead of a 5-7 year draw for 4C or 4D, you want to make it what, 20-25 years?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen a few mule deer that would easily fit right in with the above.

Problem is...they've generally been on private, pay for hunt land for very rich southerners.

A couple I've seen on public were awfully thankful I had a whitetail tag in years past.

Then again, there was a nice one I completely shit the bed on and missed at around 50 yards one year. Nobody to blame on that one but me.
:(

A few weeks ago I dropped off some busy work for the taxidermist and he had a ND mount he was working on that was really nice. I didn't have my tape measure with, but he noted the G2 was 22", I had no reason to doubt him as it was a dandy!

For as stupid as we can be about antlers, there are an awful lot of damn nice deer that have been taken in this state the past several years that stack up well with deer from outside of ND.

- - - Updated - - -

So instead of a 5-7 year draw for 4C or 4D, you want to make it what, 20-25 years?

Nope, but you just need to have a rural mail carrier deliver your mail. :;:muahaha

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I hunt allot up there and down here and live in western ND. I also score quite a few of the bigger contests in western ND so I have somewhat of an idea of what this state is capable of.
There are allot of great nontypicals that are killed each year here that just didn't get a chance to get another year or two or three more on them. It is what it is I guess. It would be cool if they even just made a handful of units trophy units with more limited tags with point restrictions just to see what could be. Heck I think a 4 point a side or better rule should be in place for anything west

The NDGF raised Muley doe tags haha. Jeb told me that Muleys had exceeded landowner tolerance levels in areas. I’ve heard it all haha.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
]Well I hunt allot up there and down here and live in western ND. I also score quite a few of the bigger contests in western ND so I have somewhat of an idea of what this state is capable of.
There are allot of great nontypicals that are killed each year here that just didn't get a chance to get another year or two or three more on them. It is what it is I guess. It would be cool if they even just made a handful of units trophy units with more limited tags with point restrictions just to see what could be. Heck I think a 4 point a side or better rule should be in place for anything west

The NDGF raised Muley doe tags haha. Jeb told me that Muleys had exceeded landowner tolerance levels in areas. I’ve heard it all haha.
There are an ass ton of does and fawns out there right now from what I've seen. I'm not surprised they would open up the doe tags a bit more, hopefully they don't go crazy though.

Last edited:

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are an ass ton of does and fawns out there right now from what I've seen. I'm not surprised they would open up the doe tags a bit more, hopefully they don't go crazy though.
I concur with the ass ton of muley does out there they're flipping everywhere and not exactly a shortage of whitetail either.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feel like a junkie looking at this thread knowing i wont be chasing deer out west this year. Then is snows half a foot. F

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
besides the numbers being up, they also appear stupid as hell. no care in the world for me or my apparent lack of killing skills.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76