New 10x42 Binos time

RNinND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know anything about the Leupold line. However have many Vortex products in the family and none have needed any repairs. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
where did Ryan say that at? I heard him say you wont be pissed if you run them over or if your kid fucks them up. He reviews alot of stuff being the owner of Rokslide and he is not afraid to tell the truth

kids would never do that to your stuff - would they?

;:;banghead

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember one morning pulling up to a friends house with boat intow to hit the lake. In the very low light I could make out several of his golf clubs broken and sticking up out of the grass. He just said “damn kids”. We left it at that

Last edited:

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Vortex and love them. Try to find a cheaper price online and I'm pretty sure Scheels will match the price.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anywhere near the Cooperstown area I would love to show you the Athlon line. I sell a ton of them and customers have compared them to about everything out there comparable and they are usually on top and the warranty is amazing. I used to run Leupold but switched also and have converted many Vortex guys also. Price is great also. Any questions call me 701-789-1811

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree on the Cabelas Euro, excellent glass.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have made up my mind I want slc but if it weren’t I would give maven heavy consideration. Avery don’t bullshit

I had the newest 10x42 SLC last year, picked them up for 1300. To tell you the truth I was kind of disappointed in them. Compared them to my friends vortex razors allot and there wasn't much difference. I just picked up a new pair of 10x42 els for only $200 more.. problem solved. I really like the new ELs, they are so much better than the original model ELs I've had in the past.
I believe these mavin and athlon glass are probably nice glass. But what worries me is where will they be in another 5 years. Minox, Pentax, Nikon, Leupold are just some companies that have made good glass for many years. On another note those vortex razors are good glass if you can find a good deal. Found my buddies for him for $700. KLS classifieds is another place you can find allot of good alpha glass on. Those guys wait years to draw a tag so they buy the best then sell it afterwards.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw this on scheels facebook page just now.

"Dear Vortex, The binoculars were inside my home when it was consumed by the Northern California Wildfires. They were destroyed in the fire, however some remnants were found and enclosed. Sorry for the mess! Sincerely, Scott W."

Vortex Optics offers their Very Important Promise (VIP) Warranty on all of their products. No matter what happens they have you covered. Stop by and check out this unique example of the Vortex Optic's VIP Warranty in-store today!

43307253_1059062560931699_869289947507458048_n.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the newest 10x42 SLC last year, picked them up for 1300. To tell you the truth I was kind of disappointed in them. Compared them to my friends vortex razors allot and there wasn't much difference. I just picked up a new pair of 10x42 els for only $200 more.. problem solved. I really like the new ELs, they are so much better than the original model ELs I've had in the past.
I believe these mavin and athlon glass are probably nice glass. But what worries me is where will they be in another 5 years. Minox, Pentax, Nikon, Leupold are just some companies that have made good glass for many years. On another note those vortex razors are good glass if you can find a good deal. Found my buddies for him for $700. KLS classifieds is another place you can find allot of good alpha glass on. Those guys wait years to draw a tag so they buy the best then sell it afterwards.

I have the big razor spotter have compared the slc the slc right next to the razor where the slc stands way out is picking out detail in the shadows

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the big razor spotter have compared the slc the slc right next to the razor where the slc stands way out is picking out detail in the shadows

Resolution, color rendition, and brightness were the words you were looking for.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run the Binos that come with the McDonald’s happy meals. Lifetime, no questions asked warranty. Better resolution, color rendition and brightness when compared to Swarovski and at a fraction of the price.

- - - Updated - - -

I draw a ND rifle and muzzy buck tag every year and only kill Boone and Crockett monsters. Couldn’t happen without my Micky Dees Binos.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
That video didn't have any information in it. The only strong point the reviewer made was that in his opinion, if you bought the less expensive binocs he was "reviewing" they wouldn't piss you off.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
Update:
I took advantage of the sale Scheels ran on the Rage Vortex binos.
After sale and scheels card coupon they where $425.
Initially I was very very impressed.
Very clear and bright. Big upgrade over Nikon Monarch ATB.
HOWEVER.... after the first weekend a small speck appeared on one of the internal surfaces, a little speck that throws off the eye.
NOT GOOD... & it doesnt get better...

THE 2 big reasons to go with the Scheels rage was they told me that the rage have "additional coatings" on the lens than the Viper and that the warranty us a replacement in store.
So i took thwm back and low and behold... nothing in stock, so they wanted to replace with the Vipers.... when I asked about the differences they tried to tell me there really isnt a difference and that these should be .... just as good. WTF...
They then told me they would order some in or i could wait untill some showed up... of which they had a difficult time figuring out when that would be.
So now im stuck with defects in a brand new pair of binos and praying they get stock in before the deer season that i bought them for..... Not to impressed.
Not impressed with the level of give a crap from the employees either.
I now see that Cabelas has the Leupold BX-4 on sale for 469.99 with free 2 day shipping, im going to order those and see what happens with scheels stock and go from there.
Not impressed with scheels on this deal right now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha additional coatings they must have been talkings about the paint on the out side. The glass is ordered to a certain prescription and sent to assembly. Should just take the vipers and be done with it. The leupys have gotten less than stellar reviews

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think “Vortex” is how you say “Tasco” in Chinese.

frozen4sioux

Founding Member
Founding Member
UPDATE:

Sp after the debacle with scheels I reached out to Vortex to inquire of the true difference in the Rage and the Viper.
They were somewhat noncommital that the Rage did indeed have a slightly improved coatings..... I told the customer service lady about scheels not having any in stock and the possibility of not getting any in before deer season.... She INSISTED that was NOTBgoing to happen.....

She overnight expressed a new set and included a return label to send the defects back.....

Unbelievable customer service... just amazing, left quire an impression.
I have my binos for the big hunt.... she even theough in a hat! Awesome. BIG difference from my multitude of warranty experiences with Nikon.... and ill be replacing 4-5 nikon scopes with vortex soon.

Also should mention another scheels employee from a didferent store did reach out as well and was willing to do what it would take to rectify so that was also impressive.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Glad you got it figured out. So vortex sent you a pair of scheels rage or viper?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70