New 10x42 Binos time

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just like a good trusty mechanic, having a good friend that works at a Scheels does not suck.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anywhere near the Cooperstown area I would love to show you the Athlon line. I sell a ton of them and customers have compared them to about everything out there comparable and they are usually on top and the warranty is amazing. I used to run Leupold but switched also and have converted many Vortex guys also. Price is great also. Any questions call me 701-789-1811

Found a pair of Cronus 10x42 for 325 on Amazon. Open box special...had to give them a try for that price.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found a pair of Cronus 10x42 for 325 on Amazon. Open box special...had to give them a try for that price.

Let us know what you think of the cronus I run the ares in a spotter and scope and the argos in a scope.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
If anywhere near the Cooperstown area I would love to show you the Athlon line. I sell a ton of them and customers have compared them to about everything out there comparable and they are usually on top and the warranty is amazing. I used to run Leupold but switched also and have converted many Vortex guys also. Price is great also. Any questions call me 701-789-1811

I have been intrigued by this brand? I see cameraland has some black friday deals on them now. Can you give a little explanation of this this brand, warranty, etc?

- - - Updated - - -

correction...deals are on scopes I guess

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those combo deals with the scope, binos,bino harness and range finder for $400 or so is a steal of a deal on cameraland!
https://cameralandny.com/mobile/deal_of_the_day.html

Buddy of mine tests optics for a living and he says Athlon is the real deal for Asian glass.
i have enjoyed my Argos and ares products so far. Customer service has been good on one scope that had a stuck mag ring I may have tightened something to tight or it was damaged in shipping. Athlon had a new one to me in under a week. I kinda want to try the Midas rangefinder but am holding out to see if they are going to do a bino with built in range finder. But for 400 bucks I might just have to pull the trigger on the combo. I do wish they had a zero stop on the Argos though supposedly they have a washer deal to make a zero stop. Also the Argos 4-20 ahmr subtensions are at 16 power not 20 and you can’t put a sunshade on it. But side parallax and quality of glass and the way it tracks are worth 160$.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
Athlon interests me. What’s the companies history? I’m leery of companies that pop up out of nowhere with prices and warranties that could too good to be true. Vortex is no different IMO, although they have been around for a few years now. I still don’t own anything vortex.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have owned their products for three years and really like them, they are Asian/chinese made scopes that actually track very well and have nice quality glass, to me they are the new vortex, as vortex was the new sightron. Basically the cheaper lines of these products are made for the bang for the buck guy. My warranty experience with them was great, you can do it direct with them, or scheels as a dealer will send it in for you. I really like the Ares line of products, take a look at a few of them if you get to scheels. Better deals can be had online vs. scheels most of the time but I am sure they would price match, if they carry the product.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 158
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79