BDO on Ice??

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is looking like Brad Durick Outdoors LLC is going to venture away from the Red this winter and start offering pike trips on Devils Lake. I have had lots of interest just from conversations in the boat over the years so I think I will start to dabble in tip up trips this winter. It seems most guides hate it and I think its more fun than pounding my head against the ice for perch that won't bite.

More to come soon.

Attachments

20180311_141141.jpg

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love tip up fishing! We have a good spot on a lake here in MN close to a relatives cabin. Too much fun almost with a big group, beers, two lines each and biting fish! Best of luck with the new venture.

RRmaniac

Established Member
Have always had the best luck with the pro thermals they seem to get 3x the fish compared to others.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are my personal favorite to use but they freeze up really bad on the cold days.

Attachments

61fkZnpgTDL._SY679_.jpg

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of giant pike catch. Wack away!

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope it goes well for you.

You might want to stick to using hotdogs for bait so no incidental walleyes bother you. I guess you could just throw them on the ice or in the weeds on shore. :::

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope it goes well for you.

You might want to stick to using hotdogs for bait so no incidental walleyes bother you. I guess you could just throw them on the ice or in the weeds on shore. :::

I get it nobody wants bug eyed bottom feeders :;:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It might be a good idea to include the option of spearing. I don't have much interest in chasing flags on DL, but have a spear shak set up and I'd be right interested in doing some spear slinging in DL. It would be fun to be able to have a buddy sit opposite me at a spear hole so we each could watch under the other and I know there would be some guys interested in giving gator giggin' a try. If you decide to give that a try, I'll sign up for a weekend with BDO Pike Adventures West sight unseen just to give it a whirl. Good Luck!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76