Motor Oil - What do you run?

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What no Schaeffer Synthetic users? I run it, plus I get a free oil analysis done whenever I want to send in my sample. Been really impressed with it so far. Run it in all fords: 3.5 V6, 3.5 EcoBeast, and a 6.2L Gasser. Varying from 130k miles down to 25k miles.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
What no Schaeffer Synthetic users? I run it, plus I get a free oil analysis done whenever I want to send in my sample. Been really impressed with it so far. Run it in all fords: 3.5 V6, 3.5 EcoBeast, and a 6.2L Gasser. Varying from 130k miles down to 25k miles.
That went the way of Schaefer Beer

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member

At work that is what we run in 5 sprayers and 4 floaters. No issues I have seen with it.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member

Schaeffers has an excellent product as well. I think they have by far the best of the best diesel fuel conditioners on the planet. The SoyShield is an excellent product.

I have worked on diesel engines with well over a million miles that ran Schaeffers oil and the bottom end looked like new when the oil pans were dropped for inspection purposes only. One truck had schaeffers in it since the first oil change and had never in over 1.2 million miles ever had the drain plug pulled. He changed the full flow oil filters every 10K miles and the bypass oil filters every 20k miles so the oil was completely changed out ongoing by just doing filter changes over its life, the main and rod bearings looked like new when inspected at the guys request just out of curiosity on his part. Put them back in resealed the oil pan refilled with schaeffers and off he went with a big smile on his face, one very happy Schaeffers oil customer. He ran an early 90's freigthliner fl120 with a 3406B cat engine IIrc.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always Mobil oil and Donaldson filters on Chev truck. Toyota filters on Camry and Highlander. Donaldson and Fleetguard are premium heavy duty filters. There is a reason Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel, John Deere filters are actually made by Donaldson. Fleetguard is a Cummins company. Forgot also use Allison filters on Duramax. Genuine Allison filters on GM units are a third or more less at Allison Distributor than Chevy or GMC shop.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fleetgaurd filters in everything. 10-40 synthetic in the duramax. Plain old 5-30 in the gassers. Ussually from cenex

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75