How's it been??

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've snagged one roodie this year out of dumb luck, but have not specifically targeted them yet. That will change now that my deer tags are filled. Anyone running into birds now that "winter" is here? I know there are a lot of crops still up and that has to hurt, but I'm curious if the outlook isn't as grim as it was painted earlier this year.

I'm heading out this weekend for at least one day as the brothers wirehair are pissed they were neglected while I went deer hunting. Might do some exploring and try spots new to me. Don't have that luxury most years, so I'm looking forward to it.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
Haven't seen very many of them while actually pheasant hunting, but as soon as I forget the shotgun when I'm deer hunting they seem to be everywhere.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's been good but not great. Lots of corn still up where we like to hunt. Excited to get back out after deer season so all the crazies are not driving around

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a group of 6 roosters today. One of them was pure white from the base of his neck to the top of his head. Pretty cool looking bird. Wish I'd have had my gun along. Oh, n what might cause this type of coloration? Thoughts?

Smuscha

It’s not terrible, there are birds to be found just have to put some miles on the boots and a good dog helps. Had good days Sunday and Monday but dog and I had some miles in. Don’t mind the walk tho and like to watch the dog work.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have come across a lot of Partridges the last few years, and have seen several covey this year already. Nice to see they are coming back.
I was in a area yesterday where the pheasants numbers reminded me of Mott in the eighties and posted like I have never seen, pretty sure it was a paid hunting area.

Founding Member
Founding Member
You seldom see one around here. Used to see a dozen or two boosters a day, same goes for deer. Not sure what's going on.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
FBDA5DE6-B2E0-4670-BB59-D099B951C766.jpg
Ive shot the most pheasants I have shot in years. Here was a ND upland trifecta from the other day.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^The trifecta is sweet. I was able to pull it off on a single walk this year. I'm pretty sure i had never even gotten all three in a single day before, let alone one walk.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75