remember when...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when perch were dumb and you could fish with a leader and long shank hook with a whole minnow hooked in the tail and a big bobber and catch 1/2 to 3/4 pounders pounders all day long. Then came pound and a half - 2 pound perch, They must have been good school teachers.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sledding down st. Anne’s hill. Seeing who was dumb enough to walk up the middle and aiming for them.
Candy toss at the race track survival of the fittest not everyone got candy

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
wore bread bags in your overshoes, riding sleds outside in the winter time, played hockey on frozen ditch water...we didn't have no stinking x box back then, we actually played board games, you had to eat everything on your plate or you didn't get desert, had to do the dishes every night by hand.

Snowmobile drags every sunday afternoon.....Sno Jet Thunder jet kicked ass!!!

Last edited:

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
303 Enfield for deer hunting, 20 ga bolt action for pheasant and a single shot 22 for gophers. Invinceable I was and still have those guns. Come cleaning time oh what memories.

I had the exact some ones except mine was a 303 British. Have the 20 gauge bolt and single shot 22 yet. Sold the British to a friend who wanted it for his collection.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The good old days!
People would help one another and not ask or want anything in return. Never had the government handouts you have today. You worked or you went hungry.
We had 3 huge gardens and they were about 1 1/2 acres each. Had to hoe them and pull weeks plus push mow the huge farm yard. Hated to pull those darn weeds then Dad planted more trees and we had to hoe and pull weeds in them too. Mom canned meat, fruit, and veggies from the garden then we gave the rest of it away. Dad had us go get everything from the gardens and he put it all in the pickup. We would then go to the old timers in the country and the towns and give it to them.
You also treated older people with respect!
Never back talked to your parents or any adult.
Feared your teachers and the police and didn't disrespect them either.
Getting to go to town once or twice a year and got a restaurant hamburger with a toasted bun and either a pop or a shake. Man we were in Heaven!!!
Thought we had it tough but didn't know any different, and it sure didn't hurt us none. Wonder how these protestors would handle any of it. They would need more than a safe room with a safety pin.

So when and why did it change?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Remember when there were no social classes. Growing up it didn't matter who you were or what your parents did or how much money you had. You learned your place in quickly in a world where you couldn't hide behind a key board. Life had a pecking order. You learned to give respect to those who deserved it. You learned when to keep you mouth shut...or someones fist would end up in it.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I still have a minor lusting for a Sako FinnWolf lever which looks a lot like an 88.

I went looking for a video on the Sako Finnwolf. Long video :)42) but yea! alot like the Model 88. I grew up on the Win 88 in .243. Owned one, eventually sold it and came back to owning another years later. Loved that little gun. First I heard of the Sako Finnwolf. Looks alot like the 88 and sounds like it was a better overall gun.. wonder what both are worth today. Both went out of production in '74. :(

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back when johnr wasn’t a greasy biker and guy wasn’t a stoned skater.....and they were civil to each other.

ahhhh the good old days

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The guy at the gas station sold us cigarettes, nickel apiece, 3 for a dime

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
When the town whistle blew, you got your azz home. It blew at 6:00 pm and 10 pm.

Bullsnake

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sledding down st. Anne’s hill. Seeing who was dumb enough to walk up the middle and aiming for them.
Candy toss at the race track survival of the fittest not everyone got candy

LOL, St. Anne's hill, plenty people got banged up there

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
When your waypoint was a yellow buoy that you threw overboard when you wanted to mark a spot you were catching fish and pirates were at a minimum drifting or trolling past your buoy...or even if they were you didn't care as we were all out there to catch fish.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stewardesses were chicks, nurses didn’t have dicks, men didn’t wear a bun, policeman were men, and a grease monkey filled my fuel tank

Only one kind of man wore skinny jeans...

Or, rather, if you weren't "that kind of guy" and your jeans were tight, it's because you'd gained weight.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trading up from my red/white painted Huffy Pro 3 to the ubiquitous chrome Schwinn Predator with handbrakes and free-wheel. Oakly 3 handlebar grips for said Schwinn. Frame and "gooseneck" pads velcro'd on to protect "the boys".

Counting teeth on front and rear sprockets and then the long detailed discussions that ensued regarding why adding or dropping but 1 tooth would make the stars align and everything would be right with the world.

Only wussies had kickstands!

Haha, now I make my kids have kickstands on their bikes, so I can see them in the mirror, when they're on the driveway.

I left my bike on the driveway once, when I was about 8. My dad ran it over with his 64 1/2" Mustang convertible. I'm still limping a lil bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember getting carded to buy beer. At 18 yrs old. I'd pat my back pocket, give a blank look and the guy would say "ahh, that's alright, lemme just get your name and address, in case.."

Let's see, what name did I use last Friday..?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 63