remember when...

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
lol ya and when spring came and about six inches of water was on top of the ice. Bullheads would come out of the spring about 50 yards up river of the railroad trestle. They looked black on top of the ice. About ten kids would be there with everything from shotguns, 22lr, 30-06 and blowing the heck of bullheads. As dumb as we were we were smart enough to shoot nearly straight down so there were no ricochets. Although the 06 left craters in the ice and what looked like a dozen snow cones floating down river.

wow

all I can say is wow --- 30-06 .....

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife didn't hit me almost every time I say something.

Baahaahaa, My wife does the same shit. :mad: And it always seems like its on my right shoulder/chest area. Especially when I'm driving, she's keeps slugging me because I'm always bitching about some slow poke, whether its driving down the street, highway or at a 4way stop sign. Move the titty sprinkles over or speed up, get the F out of my way. Got to the motel in Lisbon the night before Thanksgiving and my 81 year old mother in-law is complaining about them not having an elevator to the second floor (where my wife got a room)and I made the comment that "she could always sleep in the car".;:;rofl That one hurt, as I was not expecting it. Thinking of having a coat made with a with a plate of steel in it.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
listening to the twins on the radio with herb carneil and john gordon... also listening to kfyr when old reb??? was a dj there - always ended his show dedicating a song to his wife - seemed like a classy guy...

am and cb radio skip at night used to be pretty funny at times...

a new tree air freshener and some armour all soaking into the cracks in the dash made you feel good...

air shocks (manual) in old muscle cars... my cousin had an old trans am with a pair of leakers... headed into town riding on the springs - went to the gas station to air them up, and rode around in style for the evening...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
listening to the twins on the radio with herb carneil and john gordon... also listening to kfyr when old reb??? was a dj there .

Speaking of radio , I was a Radio nut. Probably the best 7 bucks I ever spent at a farm auction was for a big multi band tube radio. I found a converter and built a tinfoil antenna and found some skip like with CB radios but it was the Vietnam war. I Told my dad and he didn't believe me when I showed him it was at a bad time and some of the first words we heard is " Lets get the hell out of here".

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
images

Green19

Walking out and back from center of town with my brothers with shotguns because we were too young to drive and shoot limits of mallards all fall long. Nobody said a thing.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Father John Owens was a POS. Pretty sure he is still in prison.

Disclosure : Padre'sPlatters[FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif],” No personal experience. I just heard him on the radio. [/FONT]

Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
96D82268-BED9-40F7-B10D-13EB27DF6B9D.jpeg

Back in my day we just pushed a hoop with a stick and we were damn happy about it, you dirty hippies

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I now have more titanium in my hip than all my fishing reels put together. It feels a lot better and its just been 4 days. AMAZING what the doctors can do.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
gst and plainsman would go 10 pages on potato / pototo???

- - - Updated - - -

Father John Owens was a POS. Pretty sure he is still in prison.

Disclosure : Padre'sPlatters,” No personal experience. I just heard him on the radio.

that - that's my pen pal... whats a conjugal visit???

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lots of memories come to mind when reading these posts. I spent a lot of time at the Otto-Dine on main street in Bismarck. Also, used to get in trouble at the horse barns, which was just west of where the Elks club is in Bismarck. Sledding down the hill from the railroad tracks right down to Front street. My first deer was shot with a British 303. Still have it in the gun case all polished up and retired.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baahaahaa, My wife does the same shit. :mad: And it always seems like its on my right shoulder/chest area. Especially when I'm driving, she's keeps slugging me because I'm always bitching about some slow poke, whether its driving down the street, highway or at a 4way stop sign. Move the titty sprinkles over or speed up, get the F out of my way. Got to the motel in Lisbon the night before Thanksgiving and my 81 year old mother in-law is complaining about them not having an elevator to the second floor (where my wife got a room)and I made the comment that "she could always sleep in the car".;:;rofl That one hurt, as I was not expecting it. Thinking of having a coat made with a with a plate of steel in it.

The twinions know that if the cops come to my house. "Mommy hit Daddy." I kid.

- - - Updated - - -

Member North American Steak Buffet?

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Car jacks were placed on the bumpers of cars.

We didn't take our vehicles in to get the oil changed.
Oh wait, I still do the oil changes. Did my wife's car today. Number 63 on that vehicle.

Trapping rabbits in the dead of winter.

Going over to the neighbors to split wood.

Picking rock for the local farmers.

Milking cows for when some of my Dad's farmer friends went on vacation.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79