2018 Owens BBQ Black Friday/Cyber Monday Specials!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
so an update as I am done making sausage and have eaten enough to give my reviews.What I ended up doing was 3 25# batches.

1. Antelope/pork 50/50 with the philly cheesesteak brat mix, I added high temp mozzarella cheese. Awesome flavor. One of those you never get sick of. I have ate a lot of them so far and continue to enjoy them ( would strongly recommend this seasoning)

2. Deer/pork 50/50 with Beer brat mix. Also a very good flavor. Even better if you have a good home made jar of sauerkraut. (would recommend trying if you like standard brat flavors)

3. Deer/pork 50/50 Country style sausage for ring sausage (not smoked). This was my last batch I made for the weekend and pretty much did it all myself with some minor help from my wife so I got lazy and didn't weigh out a solid 25#. Due to this the sausage came out with more of a strong flavor. Still good, my wife still really likes it but is a little strong for my liking. In the future I will explore other ring sausage recipes but thought it was good for my first batch of it.
Philly cheese one sounds pretty good. Still finishing up the last of my 2018 batch of Owens Garlic Parmesan brats. Buffalo wing brat with high temp blue cheese is on my list for next year.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
We just did a bunch last weekend;
75# Red Barn Bologna (This is my go to every year)
50# County (1/2 smoked and 1/2 unsmoked)
25# Garlic Summer Sausage
25# Regular Summer Sausage
25# 'Sconi Brats
25# Teriyaki Sticks
12.5# Original Sticks

All turned out great. Other than always doing a couple batches from scratch we pretty much only use Marty's seasonings now. Everything has been great that we've used.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73