Founding Member
googles getting a workout tonight

- - - Updated - - -

ok, checked it out

I’ll be dropping out of this thread

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
ndwalleyes, after that comment, I take it your friends call you needle dick? ;:;rofl

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
CFD226D3-D1CB-47AF-B1CA-164CFCA0208C.jpg
Not sure what exactly dry needling is but acupuncture ‘bout made me throw up and I was sweating my ass off because I hate needles. Can’t say one way or the other if it helped the pain but it sure took my mind off my dislocated knee for 10 minutes. Dirtymike does good work tho :)

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
No it’s as far from voodoo as it gets. Doesn’t work for everyone but would be comfortable to say it benefits at least 75% of the people that try it in some way or form. Have seen it work wonders for chronic pain and no it wasn’t the “placebo” effect. Tell your “friend” to definitely give it a whirl

FYI- it only works if the person doing it actually knows what they’re doing

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dry needling is a technique physical therapists use (where allowed by state law) for the treatment of pain and movement impairments. The technique uses a "dry"needle, one without medication or injection, inserted through the skin into areas of the muscle.

Grainbelt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope! Works awesome for my neck pain...highly recommend! Insert needle into muscle, apply an electrode that "bounces" the needle, activates the muscle. After years of chiropractic misses, tried this and it worked immediately.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had good luck with it with some lower back issues I had a couple years ago, add in the electricity and it seemed to work.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had great success with it this past spring when I had a pinched nerve in my neck. Was getting knots like crazy on my upper back area and dry needling was the only thing that helped. Can be painful though...

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
This interests me but considering I am a big cry baby about needles I will need to get more laid up than I am now. About 2.5yrs ago maybe should have looked into it with my major SI joint/nerve issue.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Experienced great results with acupuncture several years ago. Very very calming. No lies, no voodoo.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75