Garmin, deal or no deal.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
I'm upgrading electronics this winter and have decided to look into Garmin. I like what they offer over Lowrance and HB a little better. They have been discounted pretty deep through Cabelas Christmas flyer and it allows me to get the units I want sooner than later.

Garmin® echoMAP™ Plus 93sv Chartplotter/Fishfinder Combo

$599.97
SAVE $400
Valid December 02, 2018 - December 09, 2018

A couple questions I'd like to ask from those that may know Garmin better than myself before I buy.

This is a pretty deep discount, are they liquidating these units to a better upgrade?
These units from what I've read are compatible with the UHD Scanning Sonar, correct?
And Panoptix if I chose?
And the last question, those that have used them through the fishing season...are they performing to your expectations?
Thanks in advance.
MDM

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great deal. The "Plus" is the most up to date and will accept Panoptix and Livescope. I have the 93SV 1st gen and love it. This can only be as good or better.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm upgrading electronics this winter and have decided to look into Garmin. I like what they offer over Lowrance and HB a little better. They have been discounted pretty deep through Cabelas Christmas flyer and it allows me to get the units I want sooner than later.

Garmin® echoMAP™ Plus 93sv Chartplotter/Fishfinder Combo

$599.97
SAVE $400
Valid December 02, 2018 - December 09, 2018

A couple questions I'd like to ask from those that may know Garmin better than myself before I buy.

This is a pretty deep discount, are they liquidating these units to a better upgrade? Very Very Likely
These units from what I've read are compatible with the UHD Scanning Sonar, correct? Yes
And Panoptix if I chose? Yes
And the last question, those that have used them through the fishing season...are they performing to your expectations? ? I don't own one
Thanks in advance.
MDM

Also Cabelas has some 10% codes out there right now so try to find one of those if you are buying...

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
most likely making room for a new version. Which seems to be a yearly thing with lowrance.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been exceedingly pleased with the Garmin products (and I have had them all). Internal mapping is great, down and side imaging are very respectable, and easy to use. $600 on sale is a very nice pricepoint.

Next boat will have a Helix MEGA with MEGA down as well as Garmin with Livescope on the bow and 2 Helix on console.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been exceedingly pleased with the Garmin products (and I have had them all). Internal mapping is great, down and side imaging are very respectable, and easy to use. $600 on sale is a very nice pricepoint.

Next boat will have a Helix MEGA with MEGA down as well as Garmin with Livescope on the bow and 2 Helix on console.

You plan on fishing or just look at and play with graphs and electronics all day:;:howdy

Garmin and panoptix have me plenty intruiged just haven't justified the price tag yet.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
You plan on fishing or just look at and play with graphs and electronics all day:;:howdy

Garmin and panoptix have me plenty intruiged just haven't justified the price tag yet.

No fishing for me. Just want to look good. Staring down at graphs makes people think like I have a clue.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I like Garmin and run a 73sv strictly for sidescan, but I will always have a Bird on my boat for mapping. I would not enjoy fishing as much without the LakeMaster mapping on Sakakawea.

Does Garmin work with either of the main mapping chips? (Navionics/Lakemaster)

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
good deal -- same price i paid for the non-touch screen model. From what i was told by the rep the guts in this version and the one earlier that i got are the same except for the touch screen; however uhd will only be on the + model (the one your looking at). The transducer that was older is the one that lowrance had a hissy about --if you got that one you got lucky----- so they replaced it with the one they send with it now. I run mine side by side with a humminbird both transducers next to each other -- garmin being on chirp and the bird not. They do not interfere with each other.

In my opinion they will most likely take over from a price standpoint. I think the UHD was the cat's meow last year. That eliminates a new head. To bad though they had to go through the whole lawsuit bs thingy.

you will like how you can peel the unit off from its base.

Performance -- its a different feel just like lowrance is to the birds. My bird i like it on 2d - i am more used to it. Mapping i like my lakemaster chip. Although i havent bought a chip for the garmin; the mapping built in works on DL, they have a enhanced chip that covers everything closer contours.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That Livescope looks to be titty sprinkles. Current units do require a module for it to work. My guess is Garmin will release a new unit that won't need a module. I've been wrong before.

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
With Garmin and Lowrance having a license agreement, look for Garmin to release a new unit this year that is similar to the new Lowrance HDS LIVE units. That's my guess.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm so far behind on sonar units that all these opinions could just as well been written in Spanish.

i just love outfitting new boats anymore... i buy the best from 3 years ago for 1/4 the price - and it's WAY better, and will do more than anything i've ever seen or need...

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Merry Christmas to me.

All, Thanks for all the great insight and personal experience/opinions. Pulled the trigger on two of them yesterday!

Now if the ice would just melt...;:;popcorn

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
I purchased a 9sv. Could not resist the price at Cabela's. Looking forward to putting it on the Warrior. Almost purchased a Gen 3 Lowrance from Scheels last year. Glad I waited.

jtillman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the 73sv, and I really like it, I doubt you'll be disappointed. I also learned a month ago that they have Ice Fishing kits for them (Softpack, transducer, batter, charger, etc.). I'll be getting one of those kits for next winter.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76