NDSU’s head coach Chris Klieman hired by K State.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont even enjoy watching NDSU play anymore, its like watching a high school varsity team playing in a Jr High division... Hope something is done about this soon.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dont even enjoy watching NDSU play anymore, its like watching a high school varsity team playing in a Jr High division... Hope something is done about this soon.

NDSU looks real good this year ... again, however if any team can knock them off it will be SDSU, you want to build a true rivalry this would be it … SDSU comes in knocks NDSU out then coach leaves … could be the start of downward spiral . You have to remember all these other FCS teams have been building their teams up to beat NDSU for the last decade … not saying it’s going to happen, but that’s why they play the game

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
His 6yr contract is worth 16.8 Million, that's quite a bit more than Bohl left for..........

Thats a lot of tickets, hats and t-shirts to sell. Better not be a single penny of it that comes from tuition, or government funding on any level.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I heard DeFlip is on the NDSU list of potential coaches -----;:;barf

- - - Updated - - -

Go back to philly --- or better yet -- go back to JMU

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the next 6 years, Klieman will make $53,846.13 a week... Can we realistically expect K-State to sell $50K worth of merch per week? That funding has to be coming from tuition, right?

Taylorman55

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope they hire within again and see if they can make it work. I highly doubt the Bison will be a losing team anytime soon. With recruiting classes coming in, NDSU is always set up for continuing to win for a few years in advance.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Over the next 6 years, Klieman will make $53,846.13 a week... Can we realistically expect K-State to sell $50K worth of merch per week? That funding has to be coming from tuition, right?

TV deals are the driver for most of collegiate athletic budgets. Plus ticket sales, merch, booster clubs, anonymous donors, etc. Tuition, at least at NDSU, seems to go to inflated incomes of college presidents, private planes that get used for personal trips and houses built for twice the budget.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

???? trend is to go away from student fees or tuition -- that is taylors whole reason he was hired. They will do away from that all

tickets, media rights is a biggy, teammakers etc

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
No doubt college athletics spending is out of control but a lot of it comes from TV...no wonder cable is so expensive ;) Haven't done any research but I bet Klieman's contract isn't in the top 30 of FBS. I believe Fleck at MN got more, and that was 2 years ago.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope they hire within again and see if they can make it work. I highly doubt the Bison will be a losing team anytime soon. With recruiting classes coming in, NDSU is always set up for continuing to win for a few years in advance.

Snyder has been making more than 3M so they’ve figured out the pay. One of my work cohorts was a linebacker there in the late 90’s. He’s linked pretty deep with K State . The only thing he’s concerned about is how good of a recruiter Mr K will be at that level. They know he’s a great coach.

BrewCrew

★★★★ Legendary Member

K-States athletic department budget for this year is over $86 million - not sure what the Football program is but their revenue is mostly cash donations (30 mill +) and NCAA revenue share (38 mill annually). I think they can afford Coach K's weekly salary without asking the students to pay for it....

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
2 words - ALUMNI CONTRIBUTIONS. Yes, he better win or the donors will be voicing their opinions with their wallets. KState isn't the lone ranger here folks.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
will the "one guy is worth 84 million mentality" end?? Last night we seen what 84 million buys you --- "nothing". Who knows -- its not only colleges -- but look what your paying for your own football stadiums --- sports has gotten out of hand --- if you have a kid in any sport --- your family time and huntin and fishing time is limited more and more.

For that matter hunting and fishing costs have gotten out of hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Bohl if you compare him to wy prior coach -- they are very close in games won/loss --- end up paying more for what?? In this case its a retirement --- ---- how many young people will be teammakers --- will they throw the money like the boomers do? Wages may be going up but inflation (real inflation) and taxes are eating it all up. Baseball is dying -- what sport is next.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
mr-coach-klein-said-i-could.jpg

Toby

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
My son plays for the Bison. He is a redshirt sophomore at center at 6'4" 295. He has played in a few games this year, played the last 2 playoff games, and me and my wife are very proud of him. From what I hear I don't think they will skip a beat with Chris going to another team. I have had conversations with him and I really don't blame him one bit for taking on the challenge of the Big 12, he will do fine. There is so much talent on this team from the under classmen that it will be great and Chris knows this. That is the great thing about a developmental program like NDSU is that. I hate to see him leave and I am hoping Matt Entz gets it, he is a stud! Just my 2 cents.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
My son plays for the Bison. He is a redshirt sophomore at center at 6'4" 295. He has played in a few games this year, played the last 2 playoff games, and me and my wife are very proud of him. From what I hear I don't think they will skip a beat with Chris going to another team. I have had conversations with him and I really don't blame him one bit for taking on the challenge of the Big 12, he will do fine. There is so much talent on this team from the under classmen that it will be great and Chris knows this. That is the great thing about a developmental program like NDSU is that. I hate to see him leave and I am hoping Matt Entz gets it, he is a stud! Just my 2 cents.

I think Entz is the early favorite. If not him I do hope it's somebody that has ties to the program, so the same mentality stays. These players were brought in to run the offense and defense that they currently run. I hate to see a new coach come along and go to spread offense that isn't our players style. It will be interesting to see who coach K takes with him and if he is going to try and take recruits with him like Bohl did.

Coaching means a lot, but so does recruiting. If we can keep the guys that do a good job of recruiting (Roehl) things should continue to be good.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Saragin rankings to compare FBS to FCS is skewed. The two divisions do not have a lot of games to use in this model and therefore is not very legit.

Are you trying to say the Bison are better than K State? That’s a stretch without playing the game. Are you bitter that K State fans don’t want your FCS coach? It is a gamble to hire Klieman because it could be boom or bust. We will see how his style of game holds up in the FCS and if he can recruit just as good. Bohl has done ok at Wyoming but is no where near as dominate as when he was at NDSU.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79