2019 ND Legislature and ND Sportsmens Etree

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dean can you point me to the archive that shows where most of the non residents who come to ND to deer hunt reside? I can't seem to find it...

Mark Mazaheri

Yesterday I heard more rumors about a Trespass bill, possibly originating from some of the same guys who pushed it in the Senate last session. These are the Senators who opposed the Trespass law in the last session. Let's try to get ahead of this deal by contacting our Legislators over the holidays and letting them know WE CARE ABOUT OUR HUNTING HERITAGE.

rwardner@nd.gov; rsorvaag@nd.gov;jroers@nd.gov;lrobinson@nd.gov;npoolman@nd.gov; mpiepkorn@nd.gov;eoban@nd.gov; scottmeyer@nd.gov;tmathern@nd.gov; jmyrdal@nd.gov;rmarcellais@nd.gov;lluick@nd.gov;jlee@nd.gov; galee@nd.gov; dklarson@nd.gov;
kkrebsbach@nd.gov; rkilzer@nd.gov; rholmberg@nd.gov; jheckaman@nd.gov;jgrabinger@nd.gov;ddever@nd.gov;dcook@nd.gov;jcasper@nd.gov; bbekkedahl@nd.gov;hcanderson@nd.gov;

SenatorHoward Anderson made an impassioned plea for the NO vote during his testimonyon the Senate floor. He really went to bat for us! Watch ithere.

http://video.legis.nd.gov/pb3/powerbrowser_Desktop.aspx?ContentEntityId=1853&date=20170221&tnid=29&browser=0

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
well those legislators that wish to pass that law better have a plan to fund the G&F because license sales will plummet like you can't imagine.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
well those legislators that wish to pass that law better have a plan to fund the G&F because license sales will plummet like you can't imagine.

THIS is the exact reason these hunting haters want to pass it. Like I said, it's a blatantly obvious Anti-Hunting initiative and anyone who supports it doesn't want hunting of any kind, anywhere. Think PETA, HUMANE SOCIETY, and ASPCA type people. As a landowner, I oppose this garbage legislation as if that was any surprise to anyone.

Mark Mazaheri

It is absolutely an anti-hunting plan. NDGF is already hog-tied by the Legislature, even though the Department is totally self funded. There are MANY who would like to see the Dept. become dependent on a Legislative handout so they can further exert even more control. One recently retired legislator used to brag about "never voting for a resident hunting bill".

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
None of that surprises me. Poaching will absolutely skyrocket. Property destruction will rise. Calls to game and fish for depredation will skyrocket. Can you imagine what the yore population will do. Part of me says fuck it let em pass it just so land owners can get it up the ass and come begging for it to be changed back.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not saying it should change or is a good idea but none of that happened here. Just perspective

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing that worries me with this is how land is being controlled by fewer people. There are fewer but larger farms on the landscape. Good luck getting them to even pick up the phone or wanting to deal with people asking for permission. The landowners whose land I hunt on are not young.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
One thing that worries me with this is how land is being controlled by fewer people. There are fewer but larger farms on the landscape. Good luck getting them to even pick up the phone or wanting to deal with people asking for permission. The landowners whose land I hunt on are not young.

Very true. Most people who own a quarter or two 50 miles from where they live and don't post it could care less if someone hunts on it. Getting a hold of them can be a real chore. Same goes for the big farmer who doesn't post much.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
those landowners who allow hunting will have to put up Hunting Allowed signs to keep from getting called constantly?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So all I hear is everything is posted and there is no access every year around deer season. Is that not the case and there is a lot of un posted land that would get messed up?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So all I hear is everything is posted and there is no access every year around deer season. Is that not the case and there is a lot of un posted land that would get messed up?
there are areas that are heavily posted and areas that aren't as bad. It wouldn't affect me much for hunting since I no longer Deer hunt and for the most part only hunt posted private land for pheasants. It would end my waterfowl hunting totally. Which currently isn't a big deal because the waterfowl hunting has been shit for the past few years. And probably won't change much in the near future. But I would probably sell the decoys and say screw it. Which means I won't need to buy any more shotguns and shotgun ammo. So that would pretty much leave fishing for me. If they ever pass that legislation I may just say fuck it all and give up hunting and fishing both. I don't ice fish anymore either so I may just buy a motocross bike and start doing that again instead of fishing. Better exercise anyway lol.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are areas that are heavily posted and areas that aren't as bad. It wouldn't affect me much for hunting since I no longer Deer hunt and for the most part only hunt posted private land for pheasants. It would end my waterfowl hunting totally. Which currently isn't a big deal because the waterfowl hunting has been shit for the past few years. And probably won't change much in the near future. But I would probably sell the decoys and say screw it. Which means I won't need to buy any more shotguns and shotgun ammo. So that would pretty much leave fishing for me. If they ever pass that legislation I may just say fuck it all and give up hunting and fishing both. I don't ice fish anymore either so I may just buy a motocross bike and start doing that again instead of fishing. Better exercise anyway lol.

Have you ridden one of the new four strokes lately? Fun.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how do you know?
Just think about. It’s logical.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ridden one of the new four strokes lately? Fun.
Yea I’ve raced em. They’re pretty amazing. I actually do a lot of work on em for people. Lots of suspension rebuilding and modifications. They’ve gotten even nicer with electric start lol

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just think about. It’s logical.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I’ve raced em. They’re pretty amazing. I actually do a lot of work on em for people. Lots of suspension rebuilding and modifications. They’ve gotten even nicer with electric start lol

So so you know that what happened here ? Both my dad and fil had both ways and none of what you said happened

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never referenced SD. But for one thing nobody knows about 90% or more of the poaching I would suspect. I can tell you what would happen iwestern ND. Think Vallely’s lol

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75