Bump Stock Ban

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If it isn't on the rifle, what can they do, it's just a piece of plastic

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
If we are forced to get rid of our bump stocks we should be able to trade them in for suppressors.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really don’t understand how they can confiscate something that was purchased lawfully without compensation for the item.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
Gun owners of America has filed a lawsuit against this ban. Hang on to them if ya got em I think this should be pretty easy for them to win in court. The ban is illegal

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would have to be a completely silly person to turn your bump stock in even if made illegal. Don’t be a silly person.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bump stocks are a modification gone too far. I'm okay with the ban and will always understand that the 1% will always ruin it for the other 99% of the people. Same goes for hunting, fishing, environmental concerns, etc. People cannot keep the pendulum near the middle.

I disagree with you and think any kind of ban on anything is a bad idea. One they "make it safe" by banning these they'll say "Look that didn't work" and ban something else.

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it bad.

Tymurrey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I originally bought one, never put it on a rifle. It’s not that I can’t afford to shoot with it on but just didn’t have the want to use it. I bought it because I enjoy firearms and shooting and maybe one day when family and friends are together it would be fun to put it on and blast some ammo at dirt chunks and pop cans. With the ban though, I got rid of it, don’t remember the guys name or where he was from but I don’t have it anymore.

I was never in the military but have had the opportunity to shoot a few different full autos and maybe it’s my stance or the way I hold the weapon but after the first two shots I was up above the target and wasting ammo. Just couldn’t control the weapon that well. Maybe with more practice. Dad was in Vietnam and he was never a fan of full auto fire in weapons like the M16 as he thought it was a waste of ammo. I just don’t feel like this ban will do jack shit to help with the number of shooting deaths a year and like mentioned before when they realize it didn’t work they will move onto the next thing to ban.

That guy in texas quite a few years ago killed how many people with I believe a shotgun, m1 carbine, and a bolt action rifle of some sorts. Could look it up again but to lazy, it was mentioned in the movie full metal jacket I know that.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bump stocks are a modification gone too far. I'm okay with the ban and will always understand that the 1% will always ruin it for the other 99% of the people. Same goes for hunting, fishing, environmental concerns, etc. People cannot keep the pendulum near the middle.

A modification gone too far? It’s obvious you don’t understand how a bumpstock works. You can “bumpfire” an AR or AK without any modification to the stock or firearm. Bumpstocks are a gimmick, a novelty, and nothing more. This is political theater and you’ve taken the bait, hook, line, and sinker.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I originally bought one, never put it on a rifle. It’s not that I can’t afford to shoot with it on but just didn’t have the want to use it. I bought it because I enjoy firearms and shooting and maybe one day when family and friends are together it would be fun to put it on and blast some ammo at dirt chunks and pop cans. With the ban though, I got rid of it, don’t remember the guys name or where he was from but I don’t have it anymore.

I was never in the military but have had the opportunity to shoot a few different full autos and maybe it’s my stance or the way I hold the weapon but after the first two shots I was up above the target and wasting ammo. Just couldn’t control the weapon that well. Maybe with more practice. Dad was in Vietnam and he was never a fan of full auto fire in weapons like the M16 as he thought it was a waste of ammo. I just don’t feel like this ban will do jack shit to help with the number of shooting deaths a year and like mentioned before when they realize it didn’t work they will move onto the next thing to ban.

That guy in texas quite a few years ago killed how many people with I believe a shotgun, m1 carbine, and a bolt action rifle of some sorts. Could look it up again but to lazy, it was mentioned in the movie full metal jacket I know that.

That is why the M16A2 went to a 3-round burst instead of full auto. Full auto was a waste of ammo in most cases. Last thing you ever want to do is run out of ammo before your enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I think the part of FMJ that you are speaking of is in reference to Lee Harvey Oswald and the assassination of JFK. No shotguns or M1s involved. Oswald was a lower class shooter in the Marines, I believe he only qualified as a Marksman, which is as low as you can qualify (it's Marksman, Sharpshooter, and Expert).

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is why the M16A2 went to a 3-round burst instead of full auto. Full auto was a waste of ammo in most cases. Last thing you ever want to do is run out of ammo before your enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I think the part of FMJ that you are speaking of is in reference to Lee Harvey Oswald and the assassination of JFK. No shotguns or M1s involved. Oswald was a lower class shooter in the Marines, I believe he only qualified as a Marksman, which is as low as you can qualify (it's Marksman, Sharpshooter, and Expert).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_tower_shooting

Whitman killed his mother, Margaret Whitman, and his wife, Kathleen Leissner Whitman,[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP]:53[/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] between midnight and 3:00 a.m. on August 1.[SUP][9][/SUP] In a note he professed his love for both women, saying he had killed them to spare them future humiliation and—in the case of his mother—suffering.[SUP][10][/SUP]
Later that morning, Whitman rented a hand truck and cashed $250 (equivalent to $1,900 in 2018) worth of bad checks at a bank. He then drove to a hardware store, where he purchased a Universal M1 carbine, two additional ammunition magazines, and eight boxes of ammunition, telling the cashier he planned to hunt wild hogs.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP]:32[/SUP] At a gun shop he purchased four more carbine magazines, six additional boxes of ammunition, and a can of gun cleaning solvent.[SUP][11][/SUP] At Sears he purchased a Sears Model 60 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgunbefore returning home.[SUP][12][/SUP]
Whitman sawed off the barrel and butt stock of the shotgun, then packed it into his footlocker, along with a Remington 700 6-mm bolt-action hunting rifle, a .35-caliber pump rifle, a .30-caliber carbine (M1), a 9-mm Luger pistol, a Galesi-Brescia .25-caliber pistol, a Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnumrevolver, and more than 700 rounds of ammunition. He also packed food, coffee, vitamins, Dexedrine, Excedrin, earplugs, jugs of water, matches, lighter fluid, rope, binoculars, a machete, three knives, a transistor radio, toilet paper, a razor, and a bottle of deodorant.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP]:31[/SUP] He put khaki coveralls on over his shirt and jeans.[SUP][13][/SUP][SUP]:28[/SUP]

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man, I must need to watch FMJ again!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Obi, after reading the Wiki link, the lights started coming on for me and I do recall this reference in FMJ.

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when it happened. Took a long time to get popular.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75