Which wild game meat tastes the best?

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1,pheasant breast, jalapeno cream cheese poppers,2,cured, brown sugared, smoked pheasant breast, thighs, and drumsticks jerky,3, speed goat, skun, cooled,backstraps top sirloins,aged in a brown paper bag in frig for a week,then cast iron panfried rare, or browned, simmered in sherry heavy cream,4, browned halfed,huns in heavy cream, never had a ruffed grouse,5, young sharpgrouse, crops full of buffalo berrys, breasts,seared on an, [electric grill] smoked lightly rare,on an alder, maple, cedar, grilling boards, crown, makers mark, rebel yell,soda, cold, extra cold, sota's, dove bacon wraps, 14" eyes, fat perch, crappies, sunnys.

CC110CED-2141-4215-8ECC-AC99CEE4612A.gif

My my brain trying to read that

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve shot mule deer , whitetail , elk , had moose several times , geese , ducks , pheasant and many other wild game but nothing for me comes close to a grain fed Mule deer . We hunt in a private ranch (wheat farmers) in Montana and there’s no sage taste and Id put it against any wild game it’s terrific

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't found too many things when taken proper care of in the field and prepared well that is not good, bacon can help as well.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its all good --- the biggest killer is overcooking. Its all heart healthy !!

- - - Updated - - -

I would give anything for a nice 1" cut steak from a muley -- cooked rare on my grill. If anybody has some to borrow let me know!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its all good --- the biggest killer is overcooking.

Grandma used butter, heavy cream, and her baster for a reason!! You're going to have to have a plan for moisture retention. Low and Slow, Sear then indirect heat, cook-in bags, pressure cooker, etc, etc, etc.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
For all of you waterfowl haters, I thought I would post some photos of our dinner tonight....stuffed bacon wrapped barbequed snow goose breasts! They were delish! IMG_0552.jpgIMG_0553.jpg

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I shot an antelope earlier this year. I just got back from Montana elk hunting. I brought some Goat steaks with. Shot a bull night one and ate fresh tenderloins. The antelope was better both my brother in law and I thought.

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
Anyone have any ideas for cooking a swan? Bought a tag last year but didn't get a shot, I plan to put in a little more effort for one this year. I was planning on grilling or maybe a crockpot recipe.

FinsFursFeathers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Absolutely agree as well as my family. We have only hunted these in WY when there was absolutely nothing for the to eat but sage brush. Everything you stated after the IF is absolutely true. You must not skip any of them!!!! Take only one animal at a time and take care of it immediately! My nephew(from WY)shot a young doe with a doe/fawn tag he had not used yet. Made a nice shot but nicked the stomach. Not a gut shot! Just a pin hole that let some of the juices seep out. We got it back to the rancher's house in probably 10 minutes and washed it out as good as possible. That night we fried up the backstrap and tenderloin. Bachstraps were amazing as usual but the tenderloin was inedible. Maybe the worst thing I have ever tasted. You very seldom say they are OK. It is either they are the best or they would never eat them again. All in the kill and care.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76