Garmin Panoptix- Is it the real deal?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Echomap Plus 93sv can still be had for less than $600. Many places just wont advertise it; but a call can get you one for 569-599.

I just completed my portable Livescope build last evening. 2 Dakota Lithium in parallel, 93sv, Large Garmin ice bag, and Livescope module. Cant wait to hit this ice with it. I am also looking forward to scanning trees and weed edges in forward view this summer.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
now were what down to 399 for the transducer --- shop the 93 --- i got mine for 6 bills now your at 1k -- it will keep lowering just hang on -- if your outside the market right now your just waiting for your set. Boom!!!

Probably should keep the Baileys out the morning coffee;-)

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Echomap Plus 93sv can still be had for less than $600. Many places just wont advertise it; but a call can get you one for 569-599.

I just completed my portable Livescope build last evening. 2 Dakota Lithium in parallel, 93sv, Large Garmin ice bag, and Livescope module. Cant wait to hit this ice with it. I am also looking forward to scanning trees and weed edges in forward view this summer.

pics please.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
pics please.

- - - Updated - - -

20190123_171306.jpg20190123_171255.jpg20190123_171228.jpg

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's your youtube channel name so I can subscribe to it

No YouTube for me. I do have a go pro; but have never used it.

The 93sv is tight with the LS module and 2 dakota lithiums in the large garmin bag. It is also fairly heavy. I did leave the standard ice ducer hooked up and accessable.

If anyone is on Facebook a guy named Mat Rowan out of WI (Garmin rep) has some great build videos, posts, and videos of fish that are pretty awesome.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
No YouTube for me. I do have a go pro; but have never used it.

The 93sv is tight with the LS module and 2 dakota lithiums in the large garmin bag. It is also fairly heavy. I did leave the standard ice ducer hooked up and accessable.

If anyone is on Facebook a guy named Mat Rowan out of WI (Garmin rep) has some great build videos, posts, and videos of fish that are pretty awesome.

That's sucks I like watching YouTube videos especially on a product I would like to buy. I am wondering how the garmin will help scout for perch when the perch on hugging the bottom. Unless you can get them to come off the bottom will you be able to even know they are there. Good luck

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Aaronj how is the garmin set up treating you have anything you would like to share with us?

Good GOD it is fun. It does take some time to get set up but I am becoming more proficient. I also need to buy an adaptor that takes the 8 degree angle out of the transducer as it relates to the pole (makes it easier to see jib below you).

On Saturday it was slow where I was so I put it in forward view, pointed it towards a house near me and called some shots. 3 groups of Perch would be swimming towards them, I could see their jig, see the hookset and fight until the Perch was out of the cone. Finally, one of the guys opened up his house and asked me "how in the hell are you able to tell us that we have Perch on the way and should see them in X time".

When I bought it I thought it may be 75% toy and 25% tool. Now that I have had some time with it I will flip the %. I do hate the pole Garmin sells so Id like to find something better and need to get that adaptor to take the 8 degrees out of the system. Overall very pleased though.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good GOD it is fun. It does take some time to get set up but I am becoming more proficient. I also need to buy an adaptor that takes the 8 degree angle out of the transducer as it relates to the pole (makes it easier to see jib below you).

On Saturday it was slow where I was so I put it in forward view, pointed it towards a house near me and called some shots. 3 groups of Perch would be swimming towards them, I could see their jig, see the hookset and fight until the Perch was out of the cone. Finally, one of the guys opened up his house and asked me "how in the hell are you able to tell us that we have Perch on the way and should see them in X time".

When I bought it I thought it may be 75% toy and 25% tool. Now that I have had some time with it I will flip the %. I do hate the pole Garmin sells so Id like to find something better and need to get that adaptor to take the 8 degrees out of the system. Overall very pleased though.

How is it seeing fish in deep water that hug the bottom when you are out scouting?

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is it seeing fish in deep water that hug the bottom when you are out scouting?

Bottom huggers look like a zit moving across the bottom. After a half dozen fish it becomes fairly easy to see. Perch herds are easy to spot.

Definitely a bit of a delay in readings and not the target separation of my FL 28. Just another tool; but a really fun tool. I am really looking forward to open water and working weed edges, timber lines, and even coulees this spring from shore....

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bet the perch Christmas trees look amazing on the Garmin thanks for sharing aaronj I definitely will be saving up my pennies to get one when the prices come down

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66