Garmin Panoptix- Is it the real deal?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9AVZHkaMe-8

- - - Updated - - -

Livescope looks much better. The Livesight looks much more like regular Panoptix and price is similar. I like the 40 degree cone of the Lowrance because that is my only gripe on Panoptix. That said, Lowrance needs to do some more work on definition for sure. Livescope definition is head and shoulders above anything else.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sure would be nice to hear from those who have these units this coming hardwater season. Just isn't enough videos out there showing different kinds of examples what these things can do. Especially when fishing for perch

SerchforPerch

★★★ Legendary Member
Had a chance to spend some time last winter and summer with Garmin Panoptix and Livescope . In my opinion the livescope is awesome! All summer fished a variety of different structure and the livescope realtime imaging was extremely impressive. I was not real impressed with the standard panoptics imaging - the resolution was not near a detailed as livescope. Personally I wont upgrade to Garmin system unless it comes standard with livescope.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Capt how come you don't make some vids for us window shoppers or anyone else who has one
Also I have noticed that on avg the garmin livescope is 200 more then last year which sucks for people who have to give more blood or sell the other kidney to get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Capt how come you don't make some vids for us window shoppers or anyone else who has one
Also I have noticed that on avg the garmin livescope is 200 more then last year which sucks for people who have to give more blood or sell the other kidney to get it.

There are so many vids out on Youtube of LS right now, I doubt mine would be any better.

I'll just say it's where ice electronics are heading. Once they cut size and weight it will make even more sense. You do give up some real time as there's always a slight lag, but what you gain in everything else is an easy tradeoff.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing on north dakota waters though and if there are forgive me because I'm to dumb to find them, I do see many many more videos of summer fishing but very little on winter fishing. Which is completely two different worlds even on the same body of water. I know devils lake can be a hard place to mark fish since much of the lake bottom is soft where sonar doesn't give much a good picture of bottom hugging fish. It would be cool to see more videos of our home state instead of states showing videos of crappies suspend off the bottom as much as 15 feet which of course is in a boat.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The electronic prices have gone up even though Garmin has competition from Lowrance and humminbird, that tells you that since these electronics are made overseas most likely there are higher tarrifs. Like I said before the Garmin livescope is 200 dollars more then last year, so there is no way I can justify shelling out 2800 for the ice bundle. So I will be a window shopper and ask people to post videos. Why don't you buy one and post videos

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The electronic prices have gone up even though Garmin has competition from Lowrance and humminbird, that tells you that since these electronics are made overseas most likely there are higher tarrifs. Like I said before the Garmin livescope is 200 dollars more then last year, so there is no way I can justify shelling out 2800 for the ice bundle. So I will be a window shopper and ask people to post videos. Why don't you buy one and post videos

Isn’t it 1500 for the ice bundle?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member

Who said I don’t own one already? Either way, I’m not the video posting type. Go fish

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered the components and put mine together in a Pelican style case for about $2200.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jacob wheeler says it as it is. What does a walleye do most of the day. 2800 to see a s shark or white bass meh

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ordered the components and put mine together in a Pelican style case for about $2200.

Was that last year capt you made your set up?
Usually prices are supposed to go down once a product is on the market or stay the same as with the humminbird 360 which stayed around 1300 to 1500 for a few years but that is not the case with electronics this year that are made overseas prices have gone up.

I paid 350 for my 360 underwater China made camera 3 years ago now they are all in the 500 dollar range. With just a few upgrades such as a bigger led monitor but still the same submersible camera set up.

- - - Updated - - -

No biggie I will have to wait till I can go ice fishing with Kentucky windage and his Garmin livescope set up to take some knarly vids to share with the peeps.:;:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69