Garmin Panoptix- Is it the real deal?

Sluggin_Guts

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had my eye on the Panoptix ice fishing bundle for awhile now. The price is sky high, but it might be worth it if they are as capable as they are saying. I was hoping to see some more reviews and feedback as we get into the fishing season but the jury is still out for me. Anyone using it and willing to give some feedback? How does it work in shallower water (10-15'). How about cloudy water?

Last edited:

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s fantastic. Can’t believe how well it works sometimes.

dragoneyes

Honored Member
Fished with my son he has a Panoptix at Devils we also had a Hummingbird Helix ice,Lowrance Hds 5, and a Vexilar x28 we used the Garmin 10% and the Hummingbird/ Vexilar 90%. In my opinion the unit is large in size and bulky with all the accessories you have to carry with the unit, flasher works good on garmin and the bird but i will stick with my vexilar , Garmin in sonar mode ,our other units were as good with the Hummingbird having the edge in my opinion. May be if the fish were suspended we would have used the Garmin more often, as the fish were hugging the bottom do to a front. My son likes the Garmin for crappies and says its ok overall and would use it more in his permanent. Dollar wise i could not justify getting one but if you can afford it why not as for your last 2 question for 2 grand it better work. Hoping other will chime in also curious about what other think of this unit.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing else comes close, complete game changer.
Can't imagine how it will work on Winnipeg, like cheating!

RNinND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have not even touched my Vexilar since buying a Panoptix this year. Have used it in all kinds of depths and water clarity. In my opinion the DownView alone is worth the money. You can see so much more that just a few blips on a circle. I can watch schools of fish and see how they react to jigging. SideView has a learning curve but am starting to figure out how to see fish on the bottom (think rolling bumps), of course suspended fish are easy. Lastly, having the mapping in one unit is also a plus. It's a lot of money but worth every penny to me.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have not even touched my Vexilar since buying a Panoptix this year. Have used it in all kinds of depths and water clarity. In my opinion the DownView alone is worth the money. You can see so much more that just a few blips on a circle. I can watch schools of fish and see how they react to jigging. SideView has a learning curve but am starting to figure out how to see fish on the bottom (think rolling bumps), of course suspended fish are easy. Lastly, having the mapping in one unit is also a plus. It's a lot of money but worth every penny to me.

Ditto. My Vex hasn’t seen water since I got the Garmin. I’ve used it from 6’-32’ in all water conditions. It’s a great piece of equipment.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

This video shows you a side by side comparison
Also videos of the livescope shows much better detail of fish hugging the bottoms
Maybe next year I will look

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Panoptix around 1500ish livescope 3000ish the livescope has to be purchased in separate components becuase Garmin does not make a livescope ice bundle.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will have about 2400 into mine. It will be running on 2 dakota lithium in the large Garmin bag.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
$1,500.00 for 6in perch, I guess it's what ever turns your crank

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone interested in a Garmin setup, Checkout the the panoptix ice fishing page on facebook. Lots of good info and ways to custom build some components to get by some of the minor issues with the garmin products.

Also, with the release of livescope, a lot of guys are switching over to that, and the panoptix ducer can be picked up used for pretty good prices right now.

The echomap 93sv plus is being sold and steep discounts right now (probably because a new model is going to be released). Should be able to make a custom 93 sv and panoptix ducer set up for a fraction of what they were selling for about a year ago.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
After Mondays decline. U might as well wait u can not only get a deal on the pix u can get a new boat to go with

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
now were what down to 399 for the transducer --- shop the 93 --- i got mine for 6 bills now your at 1k -- it will keep lowering just hang on -- if your outside the market right now your just waiting for your set. Boom!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 55