Riggen tip ups 4 walleye

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll sometimes use a Lindy rig like shore fishing, with a floating jig, or plane hook n minnow.

Brasmunky

Established Member
#8 treble with 2 tail hooked minnows. Size doesn't seem to matter to me. I've caught 8" walleye on huge fatheads and I've caught 28" beasts with a couple tiny fatheads. They key is having 2 so they fight each other and keep moving

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
1/8 or 1/4 oz Northland fireball jig,depending on depth and size of bait,which is a lip hooked minnow.

bowcarp

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve had good luck with crappie rigs , sometimes slide a soft glow bead over the hook up to the knot just for a little something extra

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to be a strict plain, colored hook with a big minnow hooked thru the back guy on my tip ups, but I've found a larger ice jig, like the flattened round ones with an eye on them with a big minnow hooked thru the back has produced much more walleyes for me. I think the big jig slows the bait down. I've seen on the camera, lively minnows get away from interested walleyes that weren't motivated enough to chase the bare hook minnows around.

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
I usually talk to my minnows about politics before I drop them down the hole. Seems to really make them lethargic.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75