So did fishing buddy finally kick the bucket?

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Is Bobkat over here, he was one of the only ones posting over there for a while. Honestly haven't checked it in quite some time to see if he still is.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he came over to check things out not long ago, but GST might have ran him off again. Not sure......though I didnt agree with everything, I truly appreciated his view of things and openness in explaining them. Made for thoughtful discussion/debate. How it should be...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ol Bobkat came over for awhile and then someone pizzed him off and he went off the deep end and asked to be banned LMAO.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he came over to check things out not long ago, but GST might have ran him off again. Not sure......though I didnt agree with everything, I truly appreciated his view of things and openness in explaining them. Made for thoughtful discussion/debate. How it should be...

I enjoyed a lot of his posts too. But he often contradicted himself half way through - like major 180s... mid paragraph. I was often baffled as to what his principles were.

And boy - he did NOT like being questioned about it.

- - - Updated - - -

sort of along the lines of "hey, poor white trash can't help themselves, liberal policies are a good thing" followed up a paragraph later with "I've dealt with white trash scum my whole life and they're simply awful and lazy."

Not at all those same words - just a classic generic example of a Bobkat 180

I could never understand if it was either old age or he was totally messing with us

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was a member there under a different name, though I rarely posted. Surprised it took this long for that site to die off to be honest. I was one of the first members on nodakoutdoors forum as well when I was in high school, which was hugely active back in the day. That too met a quick end once it sold. Fishingbuddy's problem was moderators basically not allowing any fun. Nodak's was two-fold; anytime someone posted an actual report that described where they were and how they did, they were attacked by dozens for helping internet scouters, and there was definitely a clique that wanted it to be a site for them and them alone. I do miss the old days of both sites. Threads like the cleaning station, center buck, or that giant buck that was pieced together by a taxidermist were all gold.

If any of you are members of the facebook group for ice fishing ND, you'll see a page in the same early stages of self-destruction. No asking for pointers, no asking for ice reports, and no discussing which lake you were fishing. You will be scolded or given bullshit advice.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
If any of you are members of the facebook group for ice fishing ND, you'll see a page in the same early stages of self-destruction. No asking for pointers, no asking for ice reports, and no discussing which lake you were fishing. You will be scolded or given bullshit advice.
Thats hilarious. I am going to head over there now and mess with them.

Ugly Dogs

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was some great threads. Goose lake, the cleaning station come to mind. Plus some good posters, the guy in Montana (can't remember his name) who had some really good hunts and good pics. Plus some awesome pissing matches and melt downs. I always enjoyed those that shot a great deer and shared it everybody or those that shot a great deer and got very arrogant about it. it was always fun for me to watch and see which way that was going to go.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nodak's was two-fold; anytime someone posted an actual report that described where they were and how they did, they were attacked by dozens for helping internet scouters

I used to post really good info regarding the stages of the Blackbird Migration, folks seemed to not be very thankful.

The owner of NDO got Big-Time T'd off when I mentioned that he hunts waterfowl on Old Wives Lake SK. That little nugget got erased mighty quickly and got me banned. Got me short-term banned again when NDO and FBO merged and I mentioned it a 2nd time.

Pretty sure this gem is a result of the originator of NDO:

https://nodakangler.com/forums/showthread.php?12268-Kovash-marine

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Fishing Buddy has had more action here in three days then they had all of last year on their site.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the official oilfield truck trading card thread with all those bakken points is lost and gone forever.

Toby

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW, if this is true then I am not bound by any contract anymore and can explain in depth about my time there and so forth...that contract is why I cannot say anything about what happened nor what I was told to do and so forth etc....I would get sued and all that jazz. If the site is not active or current then I am allowed to speak but if it is just a glitch in the scheme of things then I cannot talk. I would love love love to explain but confidential things I am not allowed to talk about on an open forum such as this. Guess we will find out...it is like that drama show I used to watch when I was younger "as the world turns".

Regards

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to post really good info regarding the stages of the Blackbird Migration, folks seemed to not be very thankful.

The owner of NDO got Big-Time T'd off when I mentioned that he hunts waterfowl on Old Wives Lake SK. That little nugget got erased mighty quickly and got me banned. Got me short-term banned again when NDO and FBO merged and I mentioned it a 2nd time.

Pretty sure this gem is a result of the originator of NDO:

https://nodakangler.com/forums/showthread.php?12268-Kovash-marine

Really?

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
WOW, if this is true then I am not bound by any contract anymore and can explain in depth about my time there and so forth...that contract is why I cannot say anything about what happened nor what I was told to do and so forth etc....I would get sued and all that jazz. If the site is not active or current then I am allowed to speak but if it is just a glitch in the scheme of things then I cannot talk. I would love love love to explain but confidential things I am not allowed to talk about on an open forum such as this. Guess we will find out...it is like that drama show I used to watch when I was younger "as the world turns".

Regards

Lol the sky will be blue tomorrow, sun will rise in the east, jeapordy will be on at 5, wheel of fortune will be on at 630, and finnnnnally the news will be on at 10.. Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a frying fuque..

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69