North Dakota's Only Natural Bridge: When did it fall? And did she say yes?

Should she have said yes?

• Total voters

Creek Chub

Remember that natural bridge that used to be near Government Bay on Lake Sakakawea? For a while it seemed to be used by the state's tourism folks. But then it looks like some guy sprayed graffiti on it asking "Tab", Tabitha? to marry him. And then, presumably as quickly as their nascent marriage, the bridge seems to have collapsed. Does anyone know when it went down? Or if "Tab" said yes?

8526a1f8d549b947b761fb504db6ac55ccdd8dc4-1.jpgc8c3ebd3d5bdae731bff92ee676a5e2331fe71b3-1.jpgc8c3ebd3d5bdae731bff92ee676a5e2331fe71b3-1bb.jpg

-Creek Chub

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they should raise hunting and fishing license prices so they can build a bridge across there.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a dick to spray paint there. I hope she said yes, cheated on him with his buddy, divorced him and took his effin boat.

Creek Chub

Haha, totally agree. What a douche. Here's a photo I took of the bridge the last time I saw it intact and not vandalized back in September 2016:

20160910_182358.jpg

-Creek Chub

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
EE2C79F8-E98E-4DA5-8E3C-472CA3542C6F.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This was taken June 27,2016

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
That Ridgeline has been backing up at a steady rate for years now! It forms new Bridges and then they collapse and then it forms more again. Just like the picture you started off with from the state tourism department is not the same bridge that shows up later in the thread and a new one can be seen forming to the left of the main one. Eventually they'll be a little separating the boat ramp from the other side of the Bay.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
That point used to go way out. I always thought the Corp should of put rock around that point to save it. Soon there will not be much seperating the boat ramp from the main lake and the Corp will have to build a wind brake so you can use the boat ramp when we have west winds. Not sure what would be more expensive, putting rock on the existing point or building a wind break.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
That point used to go way out. I always thought the Corp should of put rock around that point to save it. Soon there will not be much seperating the boat ramp from the main lake and the Corp will have to build a wind brake so you can use the boat ramp when we have west winds. Not sure what would be more expensive, putting rock on the existing point or building a wind break.
They basically already have. Eventually the riprap at the top of the pic will connect with the riprap that they have on the east side of the ramp. At that point it will stop any further erosion and act as a jetty to protect against the waves.
20190102_113144.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They did marry, then she ended up upset about some garage beer drinking, and now they spend their time making quilts

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
They basically already have. Eventually the riprap at the top of the pic will connect with the riprap that they have on the east side of the ramp. At that point it will stop any further erosion and act as a jetty to protect against the waves.
7b7e80b5d8cc672d35aee3e02fbaf1b4.jpg
If that is their plan there will not be much of protection from any Westerly wind. It is a shame they did not protect that point 20 years ago. That point used to extend probably another 100 feet.

Glacier ice

To those that were offended by the proposal I wish to apologize. You're right, it is public property and not mine. I had no intentions of it being vandalism. This spot was chosen because it is SAND, not rock and was supposed to wash off/erode within a day or so as we were going out fishing the next day. In fact some of it did erode by the next day. I did notice on my next trip out about two months later that it was still there so I simply scrubbed it off with my hands as it was sand. To those of you that commented she did say yes, she has not cheated on me yet, hasn't divorced me yet, and will probably get the boat if she does. Again, I apologize to those offended but there was no ill intentions. For those of you who resorted to name calling and Ill wishes please feel free to pull your pants down, grab the little thing between your legs, and shove it firmly between your buttocks.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
To those that were offended by the proposal I wish to apologize. You're right, it is public property and not mine. I had no intentions of it being vandalism. This spot was chosen because it is SAND, not rock and was supposed to wash off/erode within a day or so as we were going out fishing the next day. In fact some of it did erode by the next day. I did notice on my next trip out about two months later that it was still there so I simply scrubbed it off with my hands as it was sand. To those of you that commented she did say yes, she has not cheated on me yet, hasn't divorced me yet, and will probably get the boat if she does. Again, I apologize to those offended but there was no ill intentions. For those of you who resorted to name calling and Ill wishes please feel free to pull your pants down, grab the little thing between your legs, and shove it firmly between your buttocks.

That may be the best first post of all time.

I hope you get to keep your boat. :D

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Fuckem and good for you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76