Dumb ass stupid hairy over grown cows...

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I think there would be fights if that happened. lol

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
But it still wasn’t enough to balance the budget at UND. According to the NCAA reports, UND’s athletics department on the overall lost $1.4 million in 2016. At NDSU, the athletics budget ran a surplus, with nearly $1.8 million in revenue more than expenses

per Bis Tribune

Please update if you have something -- it would be interesting to see

This is why UND dumped some sports, most notably women's hockey that was running a 1.9m deficit. I believe UND moving out of the bigsky will also help because of reduced travel $$

https://bismarcktribune.com/news/st...cle_a9ea7b3f-6826-5348-8cb5-d0eadb369df0.html

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly my point...I'm loyal to my team no matter how shitty they do. Most of the new bison fans I know were all UND fans until the Bison started winning and I guarantee if the tables ever turn they will be UND fans again. Like I said, I don't hate the Bison, I hate the bandwagon fans.

so you root for an out of state team because you hate the local fans but not the team

" GO EASTERN WASHINGTON!!! and yes, I know they don't have a shot in hell."

sounds like sour grapes to me

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
so you root for an out of state team because you hate the local fans but not the team

" GO EASTERN WASHINGTON!!! and yes, I know they don't have a shot in hell."

sounds like sour grapes to me

Been a UND fan my entire life so naturally I've always rooted against NDSU. Is it good for the state, absolutely, but I'm still not going to root for them. The annoying fans just add to it.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Game starts at 8am here. I figure it should be done by 9:30 and scheduled a meeting for 10am. If not, o well. I watch 1 or maybe 2 games a year. I never went to a game when I went to school there - I really couldn't stand the athletes and how they had some sort of assumption that their shit didn't stink. And the real action was in the tailgating lot and at the turf/chubbs/labbys!

I don't think anyone at UND can complain about the bandwagon fans. A bandwagon fan is just that. The majority of them will switch over and put on a UND hockey jersey on January 6th.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you become a bandwagon fan of EWU because you don’t like the so called bandwagon fans of your local college sports team. Sounds sad and pathetic.

what are the requirements to be a “fan” of a team? Does one need to declare their team within 60 seconds of being pulled from their moms who who?

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So you become a bandwagon fan of EWU because you don’t like the so called bandwagon fans of your local college sports team. Sounds sad and pathetic.

what are the requirements to be a “fan” of a team? Does one need to declare their team within 60 seconds of being pulled from their moms who who?

Personally I'm a "bandwagon fan" of anyone who plays the Bison, damn proud of it too!! :cool:

I'm guessing this will be NDSU's last hoorah for a while...it'll be interesting when I dig this thread up next year at this time.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bandwagon fans, WTF is that?

I like to think I simply prioritize who I cheer for and support. I'd have to think to be a bandwagon fan, you would have to switch allegiance. That surely doesn't describe me for when it comes down to UND vs MooU, I cheer for UND each and every time. MooU vs Eastern Washington, I'll support and enjoy NDSU's success as I have more ties (friends and relatives) to that school than I do anything in the state of Washington. But you won't see me with a MooU bumper sticker, jacket, or ????, ever. I'll save the money I don't spend on their gear to buy something that isn't Packer colored, unless we're talking spinners. Green and diarrhea spinners catch walleyes!

All schools/teams have their annoying fans. Hence the term "fan", it's short for FANatic. I've never been a fanatic follower of anything, nor do you often hear me say "us" when referring to UND's hockey because I'm not a good enough skater to be a part of the team.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member

No, because I rooted against them earlier this year.

Whats sad and pathetic is all the NDSU fans here bashing me because I'm not rooting for them. Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I'm a "bandwagon fan" of anyone who plays the Bison, damn proud of it too!! :cool:

I'm guessing this will be NDSU's last hoorah for a while...it'll be interesting when I dig this thread up next year at this time.

I think they will be solid again next year. Yes they are loosing a lot of players and a coach but they have a pretty damn good QB coming in and a coach that is familiar to the rest of the team.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Whats sad and pathetic is all the NDSU fans here bashing me because I'm not rooting for them. Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they will be solid again next year. Yes they are loosing a lot of players and a coach but they have a pretty damn good QB coming in and a coach that is familiar to the rest of the team.

haha go back and look at last years superbowl thread it was a major offense i was not going for the eagles because some one from ndsu played on that team

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

So you bash a team and it’s fans and then act like a victim when they reply back?

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
This sounds like shore fishermen hating fishermen in sparkly boats kinda thing..carry on.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
tomorrow i will put my skull cap on with both NDSU and UND emblems or my SU hat from 1964.
sit down at a table at the local bar with a bunch of locals and start drink old mill about 10:00 and could care less about all the crab that is said on here.
Tomorrow will be a great A day because:
I will sit down with a bunch of locals, drink old mill, watch a football game and then after the game drink a bunch more. Could care less about all the issues that are brought up on here.

Or did i allready say that. DB

- - - Updated - - -

Or in other words nothing but good will come from tomorrow as all tomorrows usually bring. DB

- - - Updated - - -

If that is being on a band wagon then it is one hell of a wagon to ride for the day. DB

Attachments

DSCN9168.jpg
Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What’s wrong with cheering for the home team?? :;:huh

Buncha local kids playin, you know that, right? A good chunk of bison players are from ND. There's not a lot to do in Fargo (unless you’re gay) and the foosball games are damn enjoyable.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Go bison, go Sioux, go eagles and for all our sake go Trump and mother ...... the democrats. db

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'am on a bandwagon to, I wouldn't push it across the street to watch a bunch of crickets running around in circles

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
When everything is going good with something it seems like almost everybody wants to be a part of it , When things are not going so good with something it seems like nobody wants anything to do with it. Only exception to that rule of thumb that I can think of is the Vikings.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74